IT Support Technician
Broadstone have an exciting opportunity for an IT Support Technician to join their growing team based in Sheffield.
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Salary: £17,000 - £19,000 per annum + benefits
Job Type: Full Time - Permanent
Broadstone provides pensions, employee benefits, actuarial and investment services advice to small and medium sized employers, pension scheme trustees and individual pension scheme members. Our expert team is passionate about understanding our clients' needs and achieving the very best results through clear, concise, cost effective and comprehensive advice.
Working with members of the IT team, on a day-to-day basis with the Senior Support Technician and reporting to the IT site manager, based in Sheffield, the Support Technician provides first - line support to the users and workstations of the Broadstone IT infrastructure.
IT Support Technician - Key Responsibilities:
- Providing first-line technical support to users through the IT service desk, via telephone
- Skype for Business and on a face-to-face basis
- Monitoring the IT systems; prioritising and addressing any issues that may occur
- Escalating any second-line and above support to the appropriate team member
- Ensuring all support tasks are logged and documented accurately
- Any other ad-hoc tasks assigned by a senior member of the team
IT Support Technician - Key Skills:
- Attention to detail
- Good verbal and written communication skills; specifically discussing technical subjects with non-technical staff
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Capable working alone and as part of a team
- Able to prioritise and work to a deadline
- Familiarity with the Data Protection Act (1998), the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) and the principles defined therein
- Windows 7 and above
- Microsoft Office 2013 suite
- Communication systems (e.g. Exchange, Skype for Business),
- Working with a helpdesk-like platform.
- The setup of workstation equipment such as computers, telephones, network cabling, etc.
- Diagnosing faults with hardware (e.g. Laptop and Desktop computers),
- Replacing and upgrading components.
- Fundamental concepts: TCP/IP, VPN, DNS, DHCP, HTTP & HTTPS.
- Microsoft System Centre (desirable)
- Microsoft Active Directory (desirable)
- Working knowledge of SQL (desirable)
- Centralised telephony systems (e.g. Avaya) (desirable)
IT Support Technician - Benefits:
- Life assurance & critical illness
- Group pension plan
- Benefits allowance for additional flexible benefits
To submit your CV for this exciting IT Support Technician opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as an IT Technician, Support Technician, IT Support Analyst, Service Desk Analyst, IT Support Engineer, IT Support Officer or as an IT Support Assistant.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960430186