Accounting Technician Vacancy
Our client is currently recruiting a new, full time, Accounts Technician to work as part of an existing team of 3 within an Award Winning and Growing Company.
- To Assist the Financial Controller in the production of the monthly Management Accounts including:
- Preparation of Accounts Schedules
- Accruals & Prepayments
- Fixed Assets
- Stock Valuations
- Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- I & E Analysis
- Posting journals
- Preparation of Cashflow
- Assist in the preparation of P&L & Management Accounts
- CIS Return
- Ad hoc cost analysis work
- Ad hoc project work
- Any other duties
Accounts knowledge, IT and Excel skills (VLOOKUP, CONCATENATE, PIVOT TABLES etc) - all to be tested at interview
This job description is not exhaustive.
Member of the AAT (which is AAT L4 qualified + 3 years accounts experience at a higher level than sales ledger or purchase ledger assistant)
CIMA part qualified as a minimum + 3 years accounts experience at a higher level than sales ledger or purchase ledger assistant.
You will also need up to date accounts knowledge (you must be able to provide evidence of learning activities and CPD in last 12 months) and recent experience (we must be able to obtain written references covering the last 2 years)
The right candidate will have:
- Excellent IT and Excel skills.
- Ability to prioritise workload, and meet time critical deadlines in a pressurised environment.
- Ability to assess information from a variety of sources and test systems & procedures
- Ability to analyse information from multiple data sets and consolidate
- Ability to interpret and present complex data in an understandable way
- Ability and determination to follow tasks through to completion
You must be a problem solver and able to work under pressure & time constraints at certain points in the month. You must be able to work collaboratively as part of a team, but also have the confidence and ability to work under your own initiative.
Experience of working within an accounts function within the construction industry would be beneficial but not essential.
The client is currently working with a bespoke system based on Sage200 and a construction accounts package called ClipIT. Experience using Sage at any level is essential, experience using an ERP system would be beneficial but not essential.
This role is a full time position. Our hours of work are 8.30am - 5pm Mon-Thurs, 8.30am - 4pm Friday.
If this sounds like the career for you then contact Cordant People!
CP1 - Cordant People are an equal opportunity employer
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80672434