An excellent opportunity has arisen for a GIS Technician to join a large international engineering consultancy, on an initial 12 week contract in Birmingham. Our client has over 70 years of knowledge and experience working on major national and international projects in various sectors. This would be an ideal opportunity for candidates seeking a rewarding career experience to work on a variety of large scale projects, including HS2.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supporting the Utilities, Highways, Rail, Energy and Environment sectors. The ideal candidate will be skilled in database development, spatial analysis, data processing and management, and able to create a large number of detailed mapped outputs, to a challenging programme.
Essential skills, experience and attributes:
- Significant working experience in ESRI ArcGIS v10 and up
- Experience pf processing and writing FME workspaces using FME Desktop
- Detailed knowledge of Map production, data driven pages and page definition queries
- A good understanding of spatial data processing, analysis and visualisation
- Experience creating web interfaces
- Knowledge of proprietary GIS systems and web application technology
- Excellent written and verbal communicational skills
- Higher Education in GIS is preferred but not essential
- Advanced numeracy, analytical and computer skills for data manipulation and management (MS Excel or Access)
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For more information please call Emily Parvin on 02392 603030 or email Emily.Parvin @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13889EXP, or apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' option and following the instructions.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80675032