Big Data Developer
Big Data Software Engineer, London (UB11)
£40,000-£55,000 + Excellent Benefits, Flexible work etc.
We have a new job opening in west London for a Big Data Developer to join an iconic, prestigious, multinational retailer!
We are looking for Software Engineers who have an aptitude for new technologies and who love to push boundaries to solve real business problems. The Big Data development team is growing, so we are looking for a Big Data Software Engineer who can help the business use a variety of Hadoop (and other) technologies to create exceptional personalised customer experience, as well as solving difficult business problems. The role is part of a highly collaborative team that is fundamental to the technical decisions and architectures for the company.
As the ideal Big Data Developer, you will have:
- 3-5+ years extensive coding experience (Python, Java, or C++)
- Big Data experience building Python frameworks within Hadoop environments to solve large-scale problems (or the desire to learn Hadoop)
- Understanding of distributed systems with good experience using open source frameworks to build applications
- Experience designing end to end software solutions, delivering elegant code into a productionised operations environment
- Good knowledge of/desire to learn Hadoop ecosystems (Impala, HDFS, MapReduce, Sqoop, Oozie, HBase, Pig, Flume, Spark, Kafka) and Cloudera
- Knowledge of DevOps tools such as Maven, GIT, Jenkins etc.
As the new Big Data Software Engineer, your responsibilities will include:
- Designing, building, implanting, and maintaining generic components for ingestion, validation, and structuring of disparate data sources into the Big Data platform
- Producing operational ready code which is maintainable by onshore/offshore resources
- Producing standardised coding designs using industry best practices
- Documenting generic solutions to the point where they can be re-used by other members of the team to perform builds
- Interacting with the business, architecture or other members of the team to define and refine requirements
- Peer review and test components
For more information on this Big Data Developer job opening or to submit your application, please contact Remi Damiani from Caerusa Consulting on the contact details provided or submit your application via this channel now. We will aim to respond within 24hrs!
#Bigdata #Hadoop #Kafka #Impala #Python #Java #C++ #London #Developer #Jobs
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426277