IT Support Analyst (VMware, citrix, active directory, exchange)
My client is seeking an IT Support Analyst to provide effective IT assistance across all aspects of the business and will provide back up and support to the IT manager. The position provides exposure to a broad range of IT-related projects and activities.
You will be responsible for supporting and maintaining the Microsoft Server and Desktop operating systems and Microsoft Exchange environment plus general maintenance of all IT-related hardware/software.
- Diagnosing and resolving technical issues with user equipment and network topology
- Providing desktop, server and printer support
- Installing new user workstations including required software packages and telephones
- Ensuring security and upgrades are applied to desktops and laptops and kept up to date
- Completing internal user moves including phones
- Exchange server mailbox maintenance including archiving mailboxes
- Creating and configuring virtual machines
- Ensuring all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Ensuring licensing for all software purchased is recorded and maintained
- Maintaining the Fixed Asset register
- Setting up new users and disabling expired accounts in accordance with HR requirements
- Providing support for MAC PCs
- Providing assistance and support to colleagues in IT-related matters
- Ensuring that a high level of customer service and support is provided to all internal and external customers
- Additional responsibilities as requested by the IT Manager
Required Technical skills:
- Microsoft Office 2010-2016; Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- Understanding of networking technologies
- Knowledge of VMware vSphere administration
- Knowledge of Citrix XenApp 7.1
- Knowledge of backup technologies and processes
- Active Directory Administration
- Exchange 2016 Server and Mailbox management
- Antivirus technology knowledge
- Mobile phone technologies such as Android and Windows Mobile; Remote Support Technologies
- Excellent communication skills due to the highly technical nature of the information being relayed.
- At least two years’ experience of 1st/2nd line hands-on support roles
- Ability to manage time effectively and see projects through to completion.
- Flexible and co-operative approach to work: willingness to work as a team member in a project-based environment – or to operate as a Project Co-ordinator when required.
- Prepared to work to tight deadlines and the pressure of dealing with last minute requests.
- Ability to maintain clear and concise records, filing and effective monitoring systems.
- Capable of working unsupervised
- Liaison with external support providers and vendors.
If you are interested in the opportunity and have relevant experience, please get in touch for a discussion.
Church International Ltd (CIL) acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. CIL is a committed equal opportunities employer. If you do not hear from us within 7 days then unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion, however we may retain your details on our database for future opportunities. Candidate’s CVs will not be forwarded onto third parties without their consent.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the specified location.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960428320