Payroll Officer - Permanent role
Our client is a professional business services organisation based in North Leeds, due to a recent restructure within the finance team they are seeking to appoint an experienced Payroll Officer. You will be the stand-alone payroll Officer, reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Handling a 2-weekly payroll c400
- Setting up new starters
- Chasing hours and timesheets
- Processing payroll using Sage Line 50
- Processing statutory payments including SSP, SMP, SPP etc.
- Updating the system with new personal details including addresses, bank details etc.
- Understanding of pension deductions, liaising with the finance manager and external pension company
- Handling payroll queries via email or telephone
- Producing ad-hoc payroll reports using Excel
- Ad-hoc finance tasks to support the wider team, including purchase ledger and bank reconciliation.
- Filing and archiving.
This is a stand-alone payroll position and you must therefore have experience to hit the ground running. You must have extensive knowledge of Sage Line 50 and Sage Payroll.
The company are based in a great location with excellent transport links, they offer free parking. Hours of work – Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, with an early finish every Friday!
If you would like to discuss this role in more detail please contact Sarah Wake at Strand Recruitment as soon as possible. Interviews are scheduled to take place week commencing 19th February – the client can be flexible and interview out of hours.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427940