A unique company is currently looking to hire a Solutions Architect to be based at their Farnborough site. With more than 6000 employees they are experts in the defence, aerospace and security sectors providing technology design, development and support services to their customers around the world.
- Work with Business Analysts to ensure that the Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Non-Functional Requirements are suitably documented and are fit to determine the solution, can be tested against, and detailed enough to prove that the solution will deliver to the requirements.
- Defining and articulating complex solutions for large scale / high impact projects, including business, application, data and infrastructure impacts along with testing and implementation considerations through defined design & approval process.
- Developing pragmatic, commercially feasible architectures, considering all functional as well as non-functional requirements (e.g. performance, capacity, accessibility, security, usability)
- Work in association with the Lead Solution Architect to ensure that quotes for design timescales / technical costs are increasingly accurate as progress is made through the design cycle.
- Leading a multi-disciplinary team of application, data and infrastructure professionals to implement the architecture, including those distributed across geographical boundaries
Key Capabilities/ Knowledge:
- Solution architecture: Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products. Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Consultancy: Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution. Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required. Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements. Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited
- Technical specialism: Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical domains, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The knowledge can be any aspect of information or communication technology: Process, Data and Application, Infrastructure or Networks and Security.
Whats in it for you:
- Basic salary £40,000- £60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Flexible benefits including: Childcare Vouchers, Option to purchase up to 5 extra Annual Leave days, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance, Health Screening, Dental Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Gourmet Society, Afterschool club
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Employee Savings on top high street brands
What we are looking for:
- Preferably Degree qualified or equivalent experience
- Relevant domain level certification such as CCDP / CCIE, MCSE, OSCP, LPIC-3 etc. or equivalent providing evidence of advanced domain level knowledge and capabilities
- Application experience required over infrastructure
- Extensive experience in designing secure solutions in a complex IT environment
- Minimum of SC security clearance will be required, capability to achieve DV is desirable
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80671254