Our Large Engineering client based in Peterborough is looking to recruit an Applications Engineer on a fulltime permanent basis. The role is to produce formal quotations against customer enquiries for our client’s product portfolio (After Market) and to support the sales department to win new equipment business.
Job Role –
- Review customer enquiries, recognizing and identifying key technical and commercial criteria
- Selection of equipment with associated auxiliary systems
- Calculate performance details
- Determine and have responsibility for all costs in our clients standard format and agree price to customer with sales
- Determining the delivery time possible to suit each customers requirement and provide production schedule to demonstrate
- Issue enquiries to sub-vendors for ancillary equipment
- Evaluate received quotations both technically and commercially and select vendors for inclusion in tender
- Review and understand client specifications, including chairing specification review meetings
- Assist the sales department in determining contract conditions and financial requirements
- Prepare budget and detailed technical and commercial tenders
- Gather, prepare and arrange bid supporting information in a format suitable for client submission
- Work to client driven deadlines
- Support sales and technical staff at customer locations worldwide
- Attend international exhibitions to converse with customers and suppliers
To be considered for this role you will have a Degree/HND in an engineering field and have 5 years’ experience within a similar role. There is international travel on occasion for this role.
This is a great opportunity to join a successful business. Interviews to happen ASAP.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960429789