DevOps Engineer (Set top box)
As the part of TV Operating System (TVOS) team, you will improve, extend and maintain the team’s integration system. You will be working with technically sharp, multicultural, highly-motivated team, utilising best software development practices and Agile software development process. You will work with and contribute to various Open Source Software and proprietary internal solutions.
- Looking after mission critical continuous integration release infrastructure
- Extending the existing system with additional functionality that enables improvement of the software quality and productivity of the team
- Developing continuous integration solutions for future projects
- Driving adoption of latest technologies within the team and across wider business
Technical skills & experience required:
You must have a working experience of Jenkins CI and Kubernetes or similar to apply for this position.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in:
- Current best practices and tools
- Ability to take ownership of the release process; striving for automation
- Linux Operating Systems (*nix, CentOS, Debian, RedHat)
- Scripting Languages (Python, Bash, Groovy, etc)
- Object-Oriented Programing
- Source Control (Git, Mercurial, Bazaar)
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Pipelines, etc)
- Test Frameworks (Unit tests, PyUnit, JUnit, XUnit, etc)
- Containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon EC2)
- Atlassian Suite (JIRA, Confluence, Stash, HipChat, etc)
- Hands-on experience with toolchains, compilers, build systems
You will additionally possess:
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and be used to active collaboration with other team members
- Strong problem solving skills
- Can do attitude
- Structured approach to work, analysis and reporting
Bonus skills & experience:
- Understanding of Set-Top-Boxes
- Knowledge about multicast video streaming
Who we are
YouView is a joint venture between the BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Channel 5, BT, TalkTalk and Arqiva, we’re naturally collaborative and open source – doing whatever it takes to transform and improve the daily TV viewing experience of UK audiences.
Launched in 2012, we have unlocked a world of content and services for over 3 million households, combining Live TV and On Demand and cutting edge technology.
We have won and been nominated for many awards. Our recent accolades include awards from T3, Mediatel Connies, Digital TV Europe and TBI.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960428190