Senior Finance Associate
Senior Finance Associate
Who are we working with?
Abacus Professional Recruitment are currently working alongside a highly established global entity who are market leaders within their industry with significant finance functions here in Belfast City Centre. Our client is looking to bring on a Senior Finance Associate to join their specialist finance team. This role is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced part-qualified accountant to get hands on experience, ability to take their career to the next level, through the guidance and training whilst also providing study support opportunities and id desired become a fully qualified accountant.
Up to 30k
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a Senior Finance Associate your job will be split into 2 key parts:
Performance Management and Improvement & Financial control and Compliance
You will play a key role in supporting both the Finance Manager and Senior Manager with the following duties:
- Monitoring working capital position and influencing the Business Units to improve.
- Working closely with the Finance Control centre of excellence to encourage a strong financial discipline and adoption of policies and procedures within the unit
- Review completion of controls work performed by the Financial Control/Financial Executive and follow up all duties meeting expectation accordingly
- Support Budget and Forecasting
- Monitoring areas of financial performance again KPI's, escalating issues where management action is required with supporting analysis.
- Analyse and strong understanding of directly controllable business unit costs
- Ensure all local financial risk knowledge is shared with the Financial Control Centre of excellence
- Gathering financial information and providing input into the monthly financial reports
- Supporting the managers in the implantation of new finance software.
Qualifications & Training
- Qualified/Part qualified accountant (CIMA, ACCA, ACA)
- Experience working in the finance sector is essential
- Proven ability to prioritise workload, ask questions and promote best practice
- Proven ability to demonstrate high accuracy of accuracy and attention to detail
- Must be able to demonstrate previous experience as a strong relationship builder with key stakeholders
- Able to take responsibility for own goals end progression
Skills & Abilities
- High level of expertise in use of Microsoft packages including Excel and Word.
- Ability to work to strict deadlines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytic skills
Primary Contact Leon McHugh 44 (0)28 90995218Please submit your application or call the specialist consultant in Abacus Recruitment on 028 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion or explore other jobs in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Dublin or London. If you know someone who wants to move a career to NI, then tell them about www.abacus.jobs/belfastforlife or follow @AbacusJobs
With 100 years' experience in our team, Abacus is one of NI's most established recruitment brands. We can advise on jobs, CVs, interviews and salaries across permanent, contract and temporary employment.
If you would be interested in this position please apply, for other jobs in Belfast please visit the Abacus Professional Recruitment website.
Please submit your application or call the specialist Abacus consultant 0044 (0) 28 9031 3157 for a confidential career discussion.
Did you know? Abacus are Northern Irelands only rate Recruiter with 4.7 Stars for customer satisfaction on independent review site Feefo.
If you know someone who is returning/re-locating to NI then tell them about www.belfastforlife.com it has all the information that they will need.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80668421