My client is looking for a Finance Assistant for their offices on the outskirts of Southampton.
My client is a large organisation with around 30 people within their finance team.
- Ensure all postings in relation to accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll are posted accurately and to agreed deadlines.
- Complete the Agreement of Balances between the business and other parts of the organsiation to agreed deadlines, ensuring the correct accounting classification of debtors and creditors and income and expenditure and reconciling to the accounts.
- Complete salary overpayments, salary advances and suspense accounts reconciliations on a monthly basis resolving queries to agreed timescales.
- Review the month end reconciliation pack produced by the business for accuracy and justify amounts for receivables, payables and payroll and follow up queries to resolution to agreed timescales.
- Produce specific monthly balance sheet reconciliation's, resolving any issues within an agreed timescale.
- Process CHAPS and BACS payments as and when required in a timely and accurate manner.
- Approve non purchase order invoices within agreed limits on a regular basis.
- Prepare and process journal entries as part of month and year end procedures including clear and accurate working papers in line with monthly and year end timetables.
- Ensure that work is completed in line with financial timescales and legal requirements.
- Ensure financial information is processed in accordance with procedures and in order to provide information for statutory returns.
- Assisting the Financial Services Manager with duties involving procurement.
- Responsibility of Timeout Manager for Oracle users including regular reviews of Oracle users workflows.
- Prompt recovery of debt minimising the write off of bad debt.
The right candidate will have been working within ideally a similar role and if not will have some accounting exposure.
The ideal candidate will also be studying towards their AAT or at least be interested in doing so.
A competitive salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80673735