Solutions Architect Manager
An exciting opportunity to become part of a unique company based in Farnborough is now available for a Solutions Architect Manager. My client provides technology design, development and support services within the defence, aerospace and security sectors across the globe. Managing around 20 networks, 11 domains and approximately 500 firewalls, they operate in more than 10 countries and at the highest in country government security classifications. The Solutions Architect Manager will take full responsibility for the management of 8 - 10 Solutions Architects so previous line management experience is essential for this role.
Solution Architects play an important role ensuring that the solutions they produce align with roadmaps established by the Enterprise Architecture (EA) practice, and compliant with EA Standards, Principals & Policies. The Solutions Architect Manager will ensure that all Solution Architects are aware of those standards, principals and policies, and adhere to the approved design process. As the majority of the existing team are single domain focussed (predominantly Network & Infrastructure), you will need to motivate, support and mentor those individuals to develop the necessary multi-domain skills (Process, Data and Applications, Infrastructure, Networks and Security).
- Responsible for the day to day operation of the Solutions Architectural practice, ensuring the proper running of the team through one to one meetings, team and performance meetings, supporting team members in their personal and technical development and ensuring that resources are aligned to project and programme delivery.
- As an experienced people manager, you will be accountable for identifying both technical and soft skill gaps within the team and supporting individual team members in their development, driving to a high performing, knowledgeable and proficient unit.
- Ensuring quotes for design timescales / technical costs are increasingly accurate as progress is made through the design cycle.
- Accountable for the periodic review of the design templates and design process with the Chief Enterprise Architect and Operational Support / Implementation Leads, to ensure that they continue to add value and provide the correct level of detail for solutions to be easily implemented without causing unnecessary delay
- Ensure designs produced by the team are compliant with the corporate standards, principals and policies and for escalating compliancy / standards issues back to Enterprise Architecture for resolution.
What's in it for you:
- Basic salary up to £85,000 per annum, dependent on experience
- Flexible benefits including: Childcare Vouchers, Option to purchase up to 5 extra Annual Leave days, Health Cash Plan, Private Medical Insurance, Health Screening, Dental Insurance, Personal Accident Insurance, Travel Insurance, Gourmet Society, Afterschool club
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Employee Savings on top high street brands
What we are looking for:
- Extensive experience in managing the design of secure solutions in a complex IT environment, preferably in the private sector.
- Previous people management experience is essential
- Preferably Degree Qualified
- Relevant domain level certification such as CCDP / CCIE, MCSE, OSCP, LPIC-3 etc. or equivalent providing evidence of advanced domain level knowledge and capabilities
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies and manages resources needed for the planning, design and implementation of specified technical solutions and services (including process, data and applications, infrastructure, networks and security).
- Influences senior level customers and project teams through design management initiatives, ensuring that the solution is designed to provide agreed levels of service
- and data integrity.
- Takes full responsibility for team budgeting, estimating, planning and objective setting.
- Plans and manages implementation of processes and procedures, tools and techniques for monitoring and managing the performance of solution architecture services, in respect of their contribution to business performance and benefits to the business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80672088