Assistant Accounts Manager
Location: Bowden, Manchester
Salary: £25,000 to £28,000 per annum (depending on experience) + bonus
A long-established global representative body of cooperative and mutual insurers is looking for an Assistant Accounts Manager with at least 3 years’ experience or equivalent in qualifications to join their team.
The organisation is the only global representative body of the Cooperative and Mutual Insurance sector representing over 250 organisations across the world offering a unique service to its members including market and business intelligence, networking opportunities, leadership development programmes and global advocacy.
About the Role:
- Assisting Finance Director with preparing accounts up to trial balance
- Posting bank accounts (including foreign currency transactions)
- Maintaining sales ledger incorporating events management software (e-touches/elavon) receipts
- Posting & recording expenses (often with overseas currencies)
- Maintenance of petty cash & fixed asset register
- Processing payroll monthly (using Iris) & accruals, prepayments and journals monthly
- Providing financial support to other departments
- Assisting with the budget process
- Preparing reports for the senior management team
- Minimum 3 years’ experience and/or part-qualified
- Proficient in MS Excel (including functions)
- Strong all round accounts experience to trial balance
- Keen eye for detail & accuracy
- Strong work ethic & a 'can do' attitude
- Deadline-driven & committed
- Enthusiastic, keen to succeed & happy to take initiative
- Comfortable working in a team & multitasking
- Exchequer accounting software experience (desirable)
- Highly competitive starting salary
- Excellent career progression
- Opportunity for worldwide travel
- Exciting and friendly team
- Passionate and enjoyable office atmosphere
Sound interesting? Click on the APPLY button now.
Candidates with previous job titles including Accounts Assistant, Junior Finance Manager, Accounts Manager, Financial Controller, Office Manager, Payroll Manager, Finance Associate, Qualified Accountant, Finance Manager may be considered.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427543