Credit Control Team Leader
The main purpose of the Credit Control Team Leader is to support the Credit Control Manager to ensure that transactions are processed in an efficient and timely manner.
The Credit Control Team Leader will manage day to day processes within their team - focusing on cash collection, and produce regular, meaningful reporting to evidence control of ledgers
The Credit Control Team Lead will comply with Essentra Accounting Policy and demonstrate strong, consistent controls and will maintain effective relationships with all site, commercial and customer services teams, working together to achieve objectives
This is a busy, fast-paced shared service centre environment, dealing with multi-ledgers and we are looking for a dynamic individual, who is able to provide effective support to both the team for which they are leading as well as for senior colleagues, who will be relying on them for their guidance.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsibility for a sub team within Credit Control; ensuring that all team members have clear objectives and know what is expected of them providing feedback on performance, through monthly 121s and developing the team to become world class.
- Setting of credit terms using information available, e.g. Graydons
- Ensure customer set up and resulting transactions comply with VAT rules
- Maximise cash collection through active customer management (via customer services, commercial team, agents or direct) and use of targets assigned to team
- Co-ordinating the escalation of on-going problems
- Liaising with the Customer Services and Commercial teams to resolve issues
- Responsibility for effective reporting on overdue balances, showing action plans and achieving minimal overdues (5% of total balances)
- Achieve 100% of cash collection targets
- Reporting on unapplied cash
- Calculating bad debt provision and recommending write offs where appropriate
- Look for new ways of working and of streamlining activities; advocate change where change makes sense.
- Taking part in the recruitment process e.g. conducting interviews
You should have the following skills, experience and/or qualifications:
- Be a proven Credit Control Team Leader
- Experienced in effectively working in a busy, fast-paced environment (ideally within a shared service centre environment)
- Capable of working effectively under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Solid Excel skills
At Essentra we are ideally looking for individuals who enjoy working as part of a close team, are passionate about what they do and who strive to make a difference. We are always looking to better ourselves and are keen to recruit individuals who like to innovate and improve processes.
*Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be requested at interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80667132