Head of Investment & Financial Planning
SF Group are currently recruiting for a Head of Investment and Financial Planning for a Housing Association in the East Midlands on a retained basis. This Housing Association has a real focus on customer service, offering value for money and driving continuous improvement.
As Head of Investment & Financial Planning you will be reporting into the Finance Director and will provide financial and commercial leadership on all new business proposals and ventures and service reviews, ensuring that financial rewards and risks are properly assessed and managed and efficiencies maximised.
- Lead and manage business planning, treasury activities and forecasting across the Group
- Manage the investment team
- Work closely with the Growth and Transformation Director ensuring business growth projects are commercially viable
- Manage the financial control framework over new development
- Business partnering across the organisation on ad-hoc projects
- Work with the Director of Asset Investment to ensure that long term budgets are appropriate with specific reference to setting controls to ensure that sufficient cash flows are set aside to prevent homes falling into non-compliance with standards
- Assist the Group with identifying poor performing housing stock and developing options appraisals
- Assist the Director of Finance in driving the value for money agenda through the Board and Co-Executive Team, in accordance with the RSH's VFM standard. Lead on preparation and submission of the annual VFM self-assessment
- Lead the benchmarking activities
- Assist the Director of Finance and the Executive Director of Resources in refinance activity
- Liaise with funders in respect of business plans and reporting.
- Preparation and submission of regulatory financial returns and funders reporting
- Lead on value for money reviews and ensure value for money is achieved in all aspects of the finance team.
- Deputise for the Director of Finance as appropriate
- Cross team working, ensuring close working relationship and communication with the Head of Financial Accounting
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, CIPFA or equivalent), preferably gained in an accountancy firm. You will have proven experience of strategic financial planning, and experience of implementing business processes and utilising financial data systems and control to inform business planning decisions. You will also have previous experience of appraising financial viability of projects/ companies etc.; as well as experience working effectively with key stakeholders internally as well as externally e.g. HCA and internal audit. You will have strong people skills, with experience of leading, developing and empowering staff within a changing environment. Experience within Social Housing and/ or Commercial Property Development would be beneficial but not essential.
This is a very exciting and commercial finance opportunity, to really support the organisation with strategic financial planning and ensuring financial viability of projects and investments. The role offers wide exposure across the organisation as well as externally.
If you are looking for a role where you can be commercially hands on in an organisation that prides itself on customer service, agility and continuous improvement, then please apply for immediate consideration.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80665343