Part Time Accounts Senior
PART TIME ACCOUNTS SENIOR REQUIRED FOR ACCOUNTANCY PRACTICE IN LONDON, NW3. REVIEWING STATUTORY ACCOUNTS IRIS
Your new company
Your new company is an independent accountancy practice, accredited by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales (ICAEW) based in North London, N3, and has been providing a wide range of accountancy, tax and business development services for more than 30 years.
Over the years the practice has grown organically and most new business is obtained by word of mouth and referrals.
The firm encourages its staff to undertake frequent training courses in all the relevant legislation and regulations, and in specialist areas when necessary, to offer an outstanding service to its clients.
The modern office is situated close by to Finchley Central tube station on the Northern Line and close by to the numerous cafes, shops and other amenities.
There is also parking nearby either on street or in reserved spaces available to the company.
Your new role
PART TIME - 3 DAYS PER WEEK
This is a part time position for a qualified accountant, either ACA/ACCA or qualified by experience.
The role is nearly entirely focused on the review of year end accounts for the practice clients which are a mixture of sole traders, limited companies and partnerships and which operate in a range of industry sectors. The preparation of the accounts is largely done externally so this is a reviewing job. You will be able to identify and query mistakes with the accounts preparation and you will be able to liaise effectively between the client and the producer of the accounts to finalise. You will be working on IRIS and most clients records are held on Xero. You will be working in a team of four, reporting directly to the accounts manager and partner and owner of the practice.
What you'll need to succeed
- ACA/ACCA qualified or qualified by experience
- Previous experience in practice is essential
- Good detailed knowledge of UKGAAP, FRS 102 1(a) and FRS 105
- You will have strong business focus and awareness of current affairs
- Strong communication skills - verbal and written
- An ability to analyse and interpret data
- Attention to detail and strong organisational skills
- An ability to work as part of a small team
- An ability to work to and meet deadlines
- You will need to be comfortable communicating with clients
- Proficient in using Excel, Word and Microsoft Outlook
- Previous experience with accounting software IRIS and Xero
What you'll get in return
You will receive a pro rated salary commensurate to your skills and experience in addition to a range of company benefits. You will have the opportunity to be part of a well established practice and grow into a role which provides plenty of responsibility and autonomy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/80671307