Here at Tim Hortons, we have an opportunity for a driven Financial Controller to join our Finance team based in Wolverhampton. This Financial Controller role is a full time, permanent position working Monday to Friday. You will receive a competitive salary of £40,000 - £50,000 per annum depending on experience.
Tim Hortons is part of the fabric of Canada with over 4,000 restaurants and serving over 2 billion cups of freshly brewed coffee and we have finally arrived in the U.K with exciting plans to open more sites in the UK. We are a quick service restaurant with a difference, Tim Hortons are all about great food, coffee and sweet treats served with a warm and friendly approach.
The Financial Controller duties and key responsibilities:
- Oversee all company accounts and investments
- Create monthly and annual reports to identify results, trends, and financial forecasts
- Manage cash flow by tracking transactions and regularly reviewing internal reports
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting systems, including payroll and invoicing
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and reported
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Collaborate with auditing services to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Develop budgets and financial plans for the company based on research and data reports
- Review all financial plans and budgets regularly to look for cost reduction opportunities
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Report to the CFO with timely and accurate financial information
- Assist the CFO in presenting reports to senior executives, stakeholders, and board members.
To become our Financial Controller, you should have the following skills and attributes:
- Bachelor's degree or master's degree in accounting, business, economics, finance, or a related field
- Proven working experience as a Financial controller
- Experience with creating financial statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA Qualified (CIMA preferred)
- Several years of experience in a business or finance environment
- Management experience
- Several years of experience in Financial Reporting
- Leadership and Interpersonal skills
- Outstanding mathematical skills
- Honesty; integrity; reliability
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Research, Analytical and Computer skills
- Understanding of data privacy standards & GDPR
- Knowledge of Sage 50/100 and Sage Snowdrop
Do you have the skills and experience required to become our Financial Controller? If so, don't delay. Click 'Apply' today.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960421015