IT Field Engineer
Now's an exciting time Steinhoff International with over 150 stores nationwide. Here, we are always on the lookout for fantastic new talent to join our growing and successful brand.
We have an exciting IT Field Engineer opportunity available at Steinhoff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Perform routine maintenance on the CSA and resolve
- Repair defective CSA units from spares
- Build CSA units in new stores and remove from closing units.
- Install Wi-Fi access points in stores and maintain existing units.
- Set up new stores including PC / printer and phone line installations.
- Remove equipment from closing or relocating stores.
- Software installation to desktops and laptops
- Fault-finding to laptops and desktops
- Reporting faults and maintaining logs on servers, desktops and laptops
- Patching of network and phones
- Ensure all logs for equipment and users are maintained
- Escalate IT issues to the IT Manager where necessary
- Previous support experience.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Understanding of PC hardware set-up and configuration.
- Strong practical skills building and repairing equipment.
- 'Hands on' approach and a willingness to learn.
- Flexible, pro-active approach.
- Full Driving Licence.
- Uses initiative when prioritising workload as is directly responsible for tasks given.
- Sees all queries through to completion.
- Stays focussed and meets deadlines with enthusiasm.
- Shows the ability to multi task.
- A strong team play who can work with a diverse team in a dynamic environment.
- A positive, can do approach and quest for continual improvement.
- Open, honest communication with colleagues.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Maintains enthusiasm and perseverance towards meeting deadlines and achieving goals.
- As weekend and evening trading is essential to the business, out of hours support and travel to various sites is required.
In return, you will be rewarded with a basic salary of £25,000.00 PA plus company van. So, if you love meeting new people, being part of a team, growing your skills and developing new ones then the role of Field Engineer is for you!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960431013