Engineering Design Manager
Engineering Design Manager
Oswestry, commutable from Wrexham, Shrewsbury
£35,000 - £38,000 per annum + 25 days holiday + contributory pension
A progressive manufacturing firm are looking to recruit an Engineering Design Manager to lead their successful team of Design Engineers and Technicians. The appointed candidate will be responsible for ensuring all design and development functions are correctly prioritised and completed.
- Manage Engineering Design Department
- Use appropriate planning and monitoring tools, e.g. MS Project, to manage specific projects, resource allocation, progress reporting to help achieve on-time, on-cost delivery
- Liaison with internal departments to ensure that designs and projects are delivered on time
- Monitor and report on activities of the department
- Assist Technical Director with preparation of Budgets
- Identify personal development needs within Engineering Design Department for discussion with Technical Director and Human Resources Manager
- Provide assistance with exhibitions, trade shows, purchasing and technical sales support
- Experience gained in a managerial role within an engineering design environment essential.
- Educated to degree standard in an engineering discipline.
- An articulate person of integrity, possessing excellent business acumen and problem solving skills with the ability to lead by example
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Ability to make decisions and see the bigger picture
- Excellent man management skills and ability to get the best out of a team
- Fully computer literate
Our client is a successful and long established business who design, manufacture and distribute their products worldwide. They are recognised as being at the cutting edge of their sector technology and have a strong reputation for service and quality.
- £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
- Monday to Friday
- 25 days holiday
- Contributory Pension
This vacancy is advertised by Travail Employment Group who are acting as an Employment Agency.
Once you click to apply for this job your application will be immediately received by Travail Employment Group. If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 7 days. If you do not hear within the next 7 days you have not been successful on this occasion and unless otherwise advised, Travail will keep your details on file and contact you with future relevant opportunities.
All candidates registering with Travail Employment Group will need to provide proof of identity, and evidence of any experience, training and qualifications our client considers necessary for this position.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960429917