Solution Architect / Senior Developer
Based at our office in Eton, Berkshire, the Solution Architect / Senior Developer will provide guidance in the use of InterSystems products as they best suit the requirements of the customer and its market. Product and business strategies are coordinated with the InterSystems Account Manager to apply existing and new products to customers database and application needs. The role is very wide-ranging and challenging, requiring a mixture of design skills, hands-on coding, presentation skills, technical architecture, sales awareness, business acumen, evangelism, mentoring and training.
This role requires regular travel across the UK.
- Investigate & demonstrate the use of InterSystems products with other 3rd party technologies.
- Manage the technical relationship with customer accounts, ensuring that they are aware of the latest product capabilities
- Identify new opportunities within existing accounts.
- Build and demonstrate Proofs of Concept (PoCs) for prospects and partners to illustrate the suitability, ease of use, performance, features, reliability and/or connectivity capabilities of InterSystems technology.
- Participate in business and detailed technical discussions at all levels and in all departments of the customer's organization to foster the adoption, use and deployment of Product technologies
- Recommend technical architecture, database schema, design patterns, migration and upgrade strategies and operational best practices.
- Install InterSystems software and assist with benchmarking exercises to determine optimal deployment configurations.
- Work as a hands-on lead application developer to coach partners and prospects, particularly in the early stages of adoption or during particularly technically challenging projects.
- Provide application programming in Caché Objects, Caché SQL, Caché ObjectScript, and other technologies
- Give corporate presentations to InterSystems' customers and prospects at site visits, marketing events and such venues. Topic includes strategic and tactical technical and business directions and technical product demonstrations
- Carry out formal training courses in InterSystems technologies.
- Support customers and prospects during beta test programmes or pre-launch activities and provide feedback to the software development groups.
- Assist with troubleshooting and interact with the World-wide Response Centre (WRC) to support resolution of technical problems.
- Provide consulting services for the Sales Department and other InterSystems departments (Marketing, Support, Development, Documentation among others) as requested
Experience & Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of IT Industry issues & trends with specific vertical market & technical knowledge in HealthCare Integration
- Proven leadership or technical management in an application development environment
- At least 7 years programming with demonstrable current hands-on expertise in object-oriented languages such as C#, C++ or Java / J2ee.
- Ongoing experience within the design, development & deployment of complex applications.
- Knowledge of competing application frameworks such as .NET & Java & practical experience of at least one major application server (.NET, WebSphere, WebLogic, TomCat, Wildfly or similar).
- Knowledge of Software development processes such as XP, RAD, RUP or DSDM.
- Extensive use of 2 or more databases such as Caché, Oracle, SQLServer, Sybase, Informix or DB2/UDB, including designing logical and physical database schema, good SQL and JDBC/ODBC expertise, installation and configuration skills, and performance tuning.
- Proven business analysis and problem solving skills
- Understanding of the business considerations of application development, support and deployment
- Experience running formal technical training courses
Education & Training
- Degree in computing or a related science discipline
InterSystems is the power behind some of the world’s most important applications. With a passion for excellence and a focus on client success, InterSystems provides data management, strategic interoperability, and analytics platforms used in healthcare, financial services, government, and other industries. In selected countries, InterSystems also offers unified healthcare applications, based on its core technologies, that deliver on the promise of connected healthcare.
Our technology is great, but it’s our people that really make the difference. At InterSystems you’ll be surrounded by smart, hard-working people with an innate love for tackling challenges.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960432179