Gasoline Calibration Engineer - Birmingham Perm OR Contract
Gasoline Calibration Engineer - Birmingham – £40,000 - £45,000 + Benefits or £30 – £32p/h
Unknown recruitment is seeking Gasoline Calibration Engineers to work for our OEM client based in Birmingham. The position is available either on a contract or permanent basis, offering competitive contract rate/ salary with excellent benefits package. The Gasoline Calibration Engineer will develop Gasoline EMS Calibrations to meet legislative emissions requirements for a range of engines using PFI and GDI fuel systems, both naturally aspirated and turbocharged.
Your main tasks and responsibilities as a Gasoline Calibration Engineer will include:
- Develop Gasoline EMS Calibrations to meet legislative emissions and vehicle characteristic requirements for a range of engines using PFI and GDI fuel systems, both naturally aspirated and turbocharged.
- Delivery of driveability, emissions, climatic and altitude testing through test bed and vehicle use. These activities will include hot and cold climate tests and support for the necessary regulatory on-board diagnostics testing with frequent travel, including some to China.
- Deliver Powertrain EMS calibration development in vehicle, on chassis rolls and engine dynamometer
- Assist in developing EMS calibration sign off criteria.
- Assist Ride and Drive events and perform competitor benchmarking activities.
- Support calibration programme team leader in managing priorities workload to ensure most effective use of resources and time including environmental test trips
- Support EMS supplier liaison and supplier technical development
- To undertake benchmarking where appropriate
- Be a team player within gasoline calibration team in the delivery of gasoline calibration activities
- Reporting to Senior Manager for Gasoline EMS Calibration activity.
Gasonline Calibration Engineer requirements:
- At least 5 years experience within a Vehicle Calibration delivery team, either with OEM or a consultancy.
- Minimum HND in Mechanical Engineering or similar relevance.
- Good working knowledge of Bosch EMS and ETAS INCA toolset. MATLAB experience desirable.
- Knowledge of European emissions legislation.
- Knowledge of the Chinese automotive / OEM industry an advantage.
- Ability to prioritise, separating what’s important from what’s urgent.
- Good understanding of competitors products.
- Strong future thinking, out of the box thinking – able to identify new opportunities
- Exceptional communication skills
- Full UK or EU driving licence
- Design for Six Sigma knowledge or qualification required – full training will be provided by the company
If interested in the role of Gasoline Calibration Engineer, then please contact Wilson Leung at Unknown Recruitment on ************* or send an up-to-date WORD CV to ******************************** all correspondence and conversations for the role will be treated in the strictest of confidence.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427676