Senior Actuarial Data and Systems Analyst
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for a Senior Actuarial Data and Systems Analyst to join the team based in Milton Keynes / London working with the NHBC Actuarial team. The role is a permanent and full time position offering a salary of £40,500 - £45,000 per annum.
NHBC is headquartered in Milton Keynes and also has a London Office in Minster Court, whilst the intention is to base the role in Milton Keynes, there can be flexibility with London working/base.
About the Senior Actuarial Data and Systems Analyst role
Working in the Actuarial department to complement the team with an embedded data and reporting specialist, you will provide pro-active management of data used by actuaries and reporting tools used to analyse results of actuarial calculations, providing key input into data governance and process efficiency. In particular, the role will require the design and implementation of an SQL database, ownership of analysis tools, developing reporting functionality with a view to streamlining processes through improved use of technology.
What do we look for in a Senior Actuarial Data and Systems Analyst?
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level, ideally in a mathematical or computer science based subject and have extensive experience within the following areas gained over 5-10 years:
- Experience of applying software development principles, including environment management and version control.
- Strong database experience including:
- 5+ years' experience in using SQL (MS SQL preferred)
- query development and optimisation - debugging, fixing and enhancing queries
- strong ETL experience
- data analysis and software development lifecycle experience
- Reporting tools experience such as Tableu, MS Power BI and other analytical tools
- The design and deployment of data governance processes
- Strong MS Excel and Access with VBA coding and Excel back-end databases
- Ideally experience of R and/or Python packages
- Track record of analysing solutions and requirements for a wide variety of initiatives spanning multiple technologies, delivered over at least 12 months
- Collaborative attitude; team player; self-starter; ability to work independently and drive project forwards; pro-active innovator; accurate; problem-solving skills; desire to push the team forward from a technical perspective; desire bring in new solutions to improve efficiency and allow new ways of looking at data; planning and time management; strong writing and documentation skills; good communication skills
Benefits of becoming our Senior Actuarial Data and Systems Analyst
In addition to a Salary of £40,500 - £45,000 (dependent on experience),
- Up to 6% bonus
- 26 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary
- Part funded private medical insurance
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme
- Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
Join us and we'll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Senior Actuarial Data and Systems Analyst then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426346