Automation Test Engineer
What do Jessica Jones, Robert Langdon, Luther and Alan Turing have in common?
They are curious. And observant. Great at interviewing and examining evidence, with fantastic memory and attention to detail. They know how to collaborate, they don't compromise on the quality and they are sceptical and always question.
Quite like you. As a Software Test Engineer, you question everything around you, to trigger the analysis process to resolve many complex problems. A bit like Alan, you love breaking the code.
You are creative and come up with multiple scenarios which others haven't thought about. You know how to prioritise, and a bit like Luther, you can report negative things in a positive way.
My client develops connected devices for smart homes, which improve our comfort of life. They look good too and let's be honest - we all like managing our homes via our mobile phones.
We are looking for a Software Test Engineer, with automation experience, to support the mobile app team, or the firmware development team - depending on your strengths and interests.
Consumers frequently think that if the product or app works, it's thanks to the developer. We know that if it works, it is because you broke it a hundred times so that the consumers don't have to.
You know what testing involves and as you would expect, this role will be about:
- Designing, scripting, developing and executing software and end-to-end system tests through automation platforms
- Providing system test expertise to cross-functional development teams to facilitate responsive feedback on new features and system deliverables
- Performing pre-integration and integration testing in close collaboration with the development teams
- Planning and executing end-to-end system testing across a mixture of manual and automated tests
This role is for you if you would like to work for a company developing IoT products, working in an Agile environment. We hope you enjoy collaboration and are proactive in driving quality through the development and testing process, always with the end user in mind.
We are looking for experience in:
- systems, software and mobile application testing
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Writing test scripts in C# and integrating with software build tools (e.g. TeamCity, Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Appium and Xamarin test tools will be useful but we are happy to teach you too.
This role can be based in Maidenhead, with itâEURs good links to London and Reading, or Plymouth - just in time for you to enjoy the spring and summer on the coast of Devon.
To apply, please send me your CV or LI profile to ********************************* or call me if you'd like more information first.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960431872