Senior Radio Engineer - £35k-£40k - West Byfleet
Senior Radio Engineer – £35k-40k – West Byfleet
Organisation Structure and department profile:
This company is a leading provider of wireless solutions to some of the world’s most exciting and architecturally challenging buildings and venues across the UK and Australia.
The Engineering team is responsible for all the technical matters which are of interest to the company and is a center of excellence of mobile engineering. It is made up of highly skilled engineers, CAD technicians and co-ordinators who take responsibility throughout the whole phase of engineering. The team is led by the Head of Delivery and supported by the Engineering Manager.
Quality and effective delivery is the motto of the department.
Together, we are looking for someone to be responsible for carrying out test planning, designing and integrating cost-effective mobile cellular systems meeting the coverage, services and capacity requirements.
System Planning: To assess, plan, design and review solutions for the delivery of coverage, capacity and services to mostly (but not limited to) in-building locations
- Ensure cost-effective solution
- Deliver fit for purpose systems
- Manage customer expectations
Coverage surveys and system commissioning and acceptance:
- Where necessary as part of the design, carry out live coverage survey and continuous wave (CW) surveys to collect data for design or to ensure the design meeting the customer’s requirements
- Carry out system commissioning to optimise the system meeting the requirements, and to improve performance where appropriate.
- Support the customers on system integration and acceptance to fulfill contractual obligations
Documentation and reviews:
- Production of the handover document for the as-build and test reports confirming the system performance.
- Perform peer reviews of team member’s documents to eradicate errors in a supportive environment with the aim of enhanced performance of the whole team.
- Work as part of the team to enable the department to become the centre of excellence in cellular engineering and radio matters.
Critical Knowledge & Experience:
- An Electronic and Engineering Degree required (preferably relevant to cellular industry)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Able to demonstrate a structured and logical approach to tasks, with the ability to problem solve under pressure
- Able to manage own time/workload to deliver high quality work, within set deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft packages including Visio
- Full driving license required (preferably clean)
- iBwave level 1 and 2
- Able to work independently with experience with various design software packages including iBwave, Enterprise Planner etc
- Proficiency in utilisation of RF data collection/analysis software packages: TEMS, NEMO, Map Info etc
- Knowledge and experience in designing a wide variety of cellular in-building distributed antenna system (DAS) covering but not limited to design drawings, system schematics, link budget, ICNIRP and performance assessments for various mobile technologies and PMR.
- Ability to produce cost-effective design solutions to suit technical requirements
- Knowledge/understanding of RF principles and implementation of DAS
- Knowledge and experience of system products supplied by some industrial manufacturers would be beneficial
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960424711