We are currently recruiting Shift Technicians based at our Market Drayton site. The role will work within our Operations department and report in to the Shift Engineering Leader. The successful candidate will conduct PM and breakdown activities on shift and help deliver World Class service in regards to filling machine or process plant availability and efficiency.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
* To ensure all equipment is maintained to the highest standard.
* To ensure all equipment is optimised to deliver efficiency targets.
* To work closely with reliability engineering teams to drive efficiency targets.
* To work closely with Continuous Improvement teams and Operational teams to deliver efficiency targets.
* Identify gaps and efficiencies in PM schedules.
* Support development of PM schedules for new/upgraded site assets.
* Compliance to SAP requirements to ensure we develop a full and accurate asset work history.
* Good communication skills to ensure smooth day to day requirements and hand over information.
* Actively lead and be action focused in PM compliance and breakdown related actions.
* Stand in for Shift Engineering Leader when required.
* Make recommendations for improvement when repeat failures are identified.
* Ensure equipment is maintained to operate safely.
* Actively participate in safety related activities such as near miss reporting corrective actions.
* To optimise spend through delivery of available and efficient filling lines.
* Deliver and optimise annual targets.
* Strong focus on filling waste and opportunities to improve.
* Service focused and quick to react to breakdown and provide corrective action.
* Use root cause analysis to understand and deliver optimal cost maintenance.
* Delivery of the required standards in relation to Engineering GMP and food safety standards
* Escalate potential consequences to line manager where work may impact on product quality or safety.
Key skills & experience:
* Strong engineering qualifications and background - BTEC Level 3 (ONC) is essential.
* HNC/HND level is desirable.
* Relevant knowledge and experience in a similar FMCG role is desirable.
* IOSH qualification is desirable.
* Possess good knowledge in the areas of filling and process technology.
* Demonstrable knowledge of complex fast moving clean environments (24/7- short life products).
* Strong problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
* Good knowledge of preventative maintenance techniques.
* Good communication skills.
* Team building skills and strong ability to work cross functionally.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at ***********************
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426150