Mechanical Design Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Mechanical Design Engineer, ideally with Solidworks experience, to join our Automotive client in the South Midlands. The successful candidate will support product design, systems integration and test facility design. Principally you will be producing drawings using 2D and 3D CAD software.
- Prepare mechanical layout drawings for test facilities, test stand assemblies and subassemblies.
- To produce approved mechanical designs, calculations, BOMs, specifications, drawings and test criteria documents as are required
- Provide support and guidance during the installation and commission phase of a project.
- Develop and maintain a level of expertise in products and processes as appropriate to the role
- To comply with all Quality Assurance and Environmental Protection procedures pertinent to the mechanical design process.
- To travel to offices in Europe and customer sites as is reasonably required to achieve the targets set for the role.
- Experience in the engine and automotive test industry will be a key advantage
- HND in Mechanical Engineering as a minimum
- IT literate including AutoCAD and preferably Solidworks experience
- Experience in the design of machined components and complex fabrications
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960429746