Junior Application Support Engineer
We have a new opportunity within our clients growing Application Support team based near Royston. This is a new role where you will be supporting a range or Software Applications and Databases supporting the rapid delivery of operational requests, application change requests and urgent fixes.
Within this new role you will be supporting a large application portfolio in a live environment and it is essential applicants have supported Applications and not just infrastructure. You will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team focused on managing an application portfolio, working closely with application users and offering a responsive / customer service oriented approach to delivering operational and urgent requests and fixes. You will plays a vital role in closing the loop between the delivered applications and the ongoing development of the application portfolio.
On a day to day basis you will manage small Project work streams and capture and analyse business requirements in order to determine potential software solutions. As you develop into the role you will be designing software solutions true to the initial design of the application in question. Applications will understand and apply analysis and design patterns where applicable and manage the Application support queue, ensuring calls/incidents are dealt with appropriately.
The suitable candidate will ideally have experience supporting multiple applications and ideally with a database focus.
- A level (or equivalent), preferably Computer Science related
- Ideal candidate will have database application support experience
- Experience in MS SQL Server (T-SQL) (mandatory) & MS SQL Server (SSRS,SSAS, SSIS)
- Good understanding and experience of managing applications on MS SQL Server platform
- A strong breadth of knowledge of the software project lifecycle
- Capacity to handle change
- Capacity to work on multiple projects
- Proven desire and ability to keep up to date with technology and learn new things
- Customer focused
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent interpersonal/ communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960430340