Senior Java Developer
Senior Java Developer / £55,000 - £65,000 base / Central London
Franklin Bates are excited to be working with a pharmaceutical e-commerce giant who is transforming the industry. They are currently pioneering the use of Agile techniques across both business and technology teams to deliver safe and efficient online medical services to patients. This business really makes a difference to thousands of people’s lives and is constantly relied upon to delivery high quality quickly.
Our client is seeking a Senior Java Developer with a passion for ‘strong code’ and ‘proper’ principles to join their team and aid the huge digital transformation that is currently underway. The ideal candidate will be a keen problem solver who can write clean code effortlessly! You will want to ‘build quality in’ and prevent defects. It is essential that you are a hard-working team player and collaborator to add value and skill to the team that are already in place. The vision of the company is to grow, develop and improve by driving new practices and striving for quality.
The successful candidate will be an inspirational subject matter expert in Java across desktop and mobile devices and will mentor more junior members in the team. You will work in a cross-functional Scrum team with a TDD, BDD focus, have the ability to think on your feet and enjoy coming up with simple solutions to complicated problems. You will be working within Agile delivery, Agile testing, continuous delivery and Devops.
Key Technical Skill includes:
- Strong experience using Java 1.8 OR an expert in 1.7 with a keen interest in evolving to 1.8
- JAVA – SOLID and Object Oriented design principles, patterns and best practices
- Experience with BDD (with cucumber), TDD and Pair Programming
- Experience with Microservices and integrating Spring
- CMS Systems development (CoreMedia)
- Implementing scalable architecture for complex API’s (REST, API, JSON, XML)
- A good understanding of DevOps
- Franklin Bates specialises in offering staffing solutions to organisations seeking to hire talented permanent, contract and interim IT professionals. We have combined our network, database and modern social media sourcing techniques to deliver highly effective solutions.
We want to hear from you so don’t miss out on this excellent opportunity. Please apply now for your next exciting move.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960424989