Junior Software Developer, Manchester, £25,000
For 70 years my client has been a world leader in the design, manufacture and supply of inspection equipment to the coatings industry. Ever since the first gauge was manufactured in 1947, our philosophy has been to provide “best in class” design, quality and service at a competitive price. By concentrating on these core values, the business has grown into a global network with representation in over 70 countries and Company offices in 9 countries.
Junior Software Developer
This is a new and varied role and will provide a challenge for any person wanting to gain experience in a software development role. The person we are looking for will need to work of their own initiative to develop software applications to enhance the effectiveness or existing systems or produce new applications that ensure the effective day to day operations of the business are maintained.
This person must have hands on approach and a desire to learn new skills.
This role will be a twelve month fixed term position.
- Working in a busy challenging environment as part of a small but dedicated team primarily working in C# .Net, making use of MS SQL databases.
- Involved in all elements of an enterprise system, from the database engine through to the business layer and the user interface.
- Responsible for specific projects/applications for the full life-cycle from initial discussion to implementation, including the preparation of all associated documentation or making changes to existing applications to ensure they meet business needs.
- Minimum 12 Months C# .Net development experience or an equivalent relevant qualification.
- Be able to interpret written business requirements and technical specifications.
- Have the ability to code software according to published standards and design guidelines.
- Good documentation and communication skills.
- Knowledge of SQL Query Language.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Application and Working in a Windows Environment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423344