About the Company:
Moortec Semiconductor is no ordinary company. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic self-starters with inquiring minds who are willing to support our cutting edge work in semiconductor IP design. We licence our in-chip monitoring products to a range of Blue Chip companies around the globe. From modest beginnings in 2005, we have now established ourselves as market-leaders and a forward-thinking company with a truly global reach.
Our working environment is welcoming and friendly and you’ll be surrounded by some of the brightest minds in the industry and world-class Engineers. For many roles it doesn’t matter if you’re not from an engineering background, it’s just important you can share our company values of; Expertise, Teamwork, Integrity and Balance.
We can offer employees a challenging and fulfilling career path, where you will be encouraged to let your ideas flourish at every level and be supported in your development to fulfil your potential.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package, flexible working arrangements, regular social events and modern offices in one of the most beautiful areas of the UK. We’re close to outstanding beaches and exceptional coastline, rolling hills and lush green countryside, the dramatic moors and all the entertainment, shops and restaurants offered by Plymouth; Britain’s Ocean City.
About The Role:
The Finance Assistant holds an integral role in supporting our Finance team. They will provide assistance and support to the Financial Controller and Finance Director during an important period of company growth and expansion. While the role will have individual contribution, a high degree of teamwork is required to be effective in the role. They must have a solid understanding and appreciation for accounting practices in a commercial environment.
The role will be based from our modern offices at Plymouth Science Park.
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week Monday - Friday.
You will be responsible for:
- Posting invoices on the purchase ledger for UK, Poland and US entities
- Raising sales invoices for UK and intercompany invoices from Poland to UK
- Credit control to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner
- Intercompany loan account reconciliation
- VAT returns
- Assisting with weekly payment runs
- Assisting with daily cashflow monitoring
- Assisting with preparation of monthly management accounts for both UK and Poland (and USA when required) to include key account reconciliations and preparing and post journals
- Supporting with Year End audit
- Assisting with development of Finance policies and procedures
- Supporting implementation and ongoing development of new Finance system
- General support to Financial Controller and Finance Director
- Preparing to take responsibility for management accounts for Poland entity
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrable accounting experience
- High degree of numeracy skills and attention to detail
- Eager to learn and develop career in Accounting
- Experience using financial systems
- Enthusiastic attitude to work and professional development
- Dynamic self-starter with willingness to develop
- Ability to work well within a team
- Formal accounting qualification or working towards (desirable)
- Familiar with Sage (desirable)
- Understanding of Polish language and accounting practices (desirable)
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary circa £20 - £25k dependent on experience
- Regular pay reviews and company bonus scheme
- 28 days holiday + bank holidays
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance cover
- HealthShield cash plan
- Gym Membership
- Access to company share scheme
If you meet the criteria of the job description, are looking for a new challenge and to build a rewarding career with a great employer, please submit an up to date CV by using the ‘apply’ button.
For an informal chat please about the role phone Moortec and ask for Emily. Many thanks for your interest.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426205