Head of Management Information (Insurance)
Head of MI
Well known and established brand in General Insurance to the consumer, is recruiting a Head of Management Information to lead the development and delivery of all management information.
As Head of MI this is a uniquely challenging role and has a wide breadth from dealing with a wide range of (demanding customers), extracting (and challenging) their requirements then leading the MI Build to give them what’s finally agreed regularly to deadline, along with making sure any other Ad-hoc MI tasks are delivered.
As Head of MI you will need a strong technical skillset working within Insurance, coupled with customer facing resilience.
As Head of Management Information the role will include to:
- Lead the Production & Delivery of Management Information to the relevant Daily/Weekly/Monthly deadlines with a Production “ethos” so that deadlines are understood, planned for and met e.g. especially with regard to insights into Weekly Trading.
- Provide insightful MI for the Board, ExCo, Senior Management and Functions to support the development of business and the strategic decision making process.
- Improve existing MI to achieve regular reporting via a suite of tested reports (ideally with basis notes & definitions) and thereafter lead the continuous improvement of MI in line with its business.
- Develop new MI using modern MI Tools, i.e. Tableau, Qlik Sense or Microsoft Power BI such as to create and extend a new MI System
- Introduce, develop and support a measure of “Self Service” MI for users. Lead the administration, maintenance and further development of the MI System.
- Highlight trading/commercial trends relevant to the various business teams.
- Assist the prioritisation of new MI Requests, i.e. what new MI is developed and when.
- Ensure the maintenance of the integrity of the data supporting MI working with outsourced suppliers as necessary. This includes keeping necessary standing data updated (e.g. to ensure the accuracy of channel allocations etc.).
- Strong daily liaison with the Infrastructure team managing data.
As Head of MI your experience will include:
- Extensive experience of Insurance Management Information (MI) – both its development and previous leadership of its regular production and delivery to e.g. daily/weekly/monthly deadlines. Resolving queries concerning MI. Able to lead the development of new MI and assisting in the prioritization of what MI is developed and when for a wide range of users.
- Significant experience in an Insurance environment, operating at a senior level.
- Previous exposure to and knowledge of Travel, Home, Car and Life insurance is required.
- Considerable experience of different kinds of Insurance systems e.g. Policy Administration, Call Centre, Claims etc. preferred.
- Ideally knowledge of MI and Finance operations within a general insurance intermediary. Experience of working with significant third party partners also preferred.
- Knowledge of governance and controls in a UK regulatory environment
On offer is a salary up to c100k, car allowance, 18% bonus and benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960425563