SOC Security Analyst
Robert Half are currently looking to recruit an Information Security SOC Analyst to join our banking clients growing team in London city centre. This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate with an ambition to further their career within the information security space. You will have previous experience working within and information security environment mitigating threats through data identification, analysis and incident response. If you are looking for an organisation where you can make a difference and have clear career development paths with excellent training budgets then this could be the ideal role for you.
This Role Is About - Information Security SOC Analyst
- Specialisation in use of SIEM and analysis tools to identify data related to Security Incidents, with subsequent review, analysis and incident response
- Operation and continuous improvement of the SIEM and analysis toolsets to incorporate advanced techniques, countermeasures and trends identified through own knowledge and research
- Providing response capability against threats, vulnerabilities and real-time incidents on our networks
- Developing and maintaining awareness of new security technologies, legislation, standards, new security risks and vulnerabilities
- Providing technical expertise, support and guidance to the Security Incident Management process
- Providing technical security input to the development of solutions, including security standards and security requirements.
- Providing technical security advice and guidance to customers and stakeholders, ensuring that security standards are understood and complied with.
- Managing own workload, ensuring work is delivered on time, to budget and to the required quality.
- Leading and supporting the resolution of assigned actions.
- Fully involved in internal improvement initiatives to develop the overall capability of the IS SOC and Incident Response Teams.
We Need You To Have
- Data analysis experience and skills in a Security environment
- Demonstrable expertise in SIEM tools
- Knowledge of the IT environment
- Strong team worker but having the ability to be self-directed on task completion
- Highly motivated, demonstrating a professional 'can do' attitude
- Ability to work under pressure, managing multiple priorities in a rapidly changing and dynamic environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication & influencing skills, with an ability to manage internal and external relationships
- Excellent problemsolvingandanalytical skills
We Would Like You To Have
- Formal qualifications in Information Security (or equivalent discipline), or have equivalent experience in a SOC environment
- Experience and working knowledge of Information Security controls, including endpoint, perimeter and data loss prevention
- Ability to analyse, investigate and troubleshoot issues effectively and efficiently
- Experience in or exposure to network analysis tools - Wireshark, TCP dump
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply. By applying to this position, you acknowledge that you have read and accept the following terms: ************************************-statement
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427343