IT Infrastructure Project Manager
This is an outstanding position for candidates who have excellent project delivery, technical and client service skills working in a fast-paced and friendly environment. The technically focused Project Manager will manage several concurrent cloud/infrastructure projects and be responsible for planning, executing, and managing these according to strict deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring matrix resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives, oversee quality control throughout its life cycle.
This position will initially provide project management for major change projects; specifically, the rapid migration of core systems from six co-located data centres to AWS/Azure cloud solutions.
This position will be working as a member of the IT Operations Team. The IT Operations Team provides both support and engineering services for the global IT Infrastructure.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Define project scope, plans, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
• Effectively communicate and manage project expectations and progress to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Draft and submit budget proposals, and recommend subsequent budget changes, if necessary.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Develop and manage project Risk Register and mitigation strategy.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
• Effectively manage communication and stakeholder engagement planning and execution across a global team
• Drive and challenge business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans
• Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
Education and Experience Requirements:
• Degree (Bachelors of Arts (BA) or Bachelors of Science (BS)).
• ITIL Foundation Certification, desirable.
• Excellent verbal and written English skills.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing cloud-based solutions/migrations particularly AWS, Azure and Microsoft365.
• Overall 6+ years of project management experience.
• Experience managing $500k+ projects and to a budget, particularly cloud based projects.
• Excellent client-management and facilitation skills a must.
• Ability to influence, persuade and elicit cooperation from a variety of stakeholders is essential. Political savvy is very important.
• Ability to conceptualise and frame a problem and corresponding solution(s).
• Project, vendor, people, financial management and strong communication skills are a must.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
• Awareness of technology (Windows Infrastructure; Office 365 / Exchange; AWS or Microsoft Azure, Cloud (public, private and hybrid); Virtualisation, storage, backup and replication; Networking technologies (switching/routing/security).
• Based in Thames Ditton office
• Able to work non-standard hours for periods of time as needed.
• Able to travel to domestic and international sites if required for periods of one week or less.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960425701