IT Systems Administrator
If you are an IT Systems Administrator experienced with Windows Servers, Networking or Security and excellent support skills, this is an exceptional opportunity to advance your career with a growing international company.
Job Title: IT Systems Administrator
Location: St Ives, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive + Benefits
With an expanding worldwide market share, we provide our customers with a wide range of technical print solutions. We are now looking for an IT Systems Administrator to join our team.
We promote a 'best in class' mentality and seek only the highest quality people to join our team. There's a focus on innovation and exceptional technologies, ensuring that you will work with the best equipment at the forefront of the sector whilst advancing your skills and growing your future prospects. Whilst a broad focus is required to support the day to day aspects of the local IT systems, there are opportunities to work with, and become, a recognised expert across the wider group of companies focusing on specific technical fields of interest, including networking, security and Windows Servers.
As an IT Systems Administrator, your core responsibilities will be:
- The installation, configuration, operation, provisioning and maintenance of hardware, software and related infrastructure
- Running the IT helpdesk including assigning and resolving support tickets within a specified SLA and working within Active Directory to create, change and delete user accounts
- Installing new and rebuilding existing servers, as well as configuring hardware, peripherals, services directories and storage
- To participate in research and development activities to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure
- Performing daily backup operations to the appropriate media and cloud solutions
- Updating the Siemens phone systems as well as configuring company mobile phones
- Responsible for implementing, maintaining, monitoring and managing all aspects of the infrastructure including Clients, Virtual Servers (Hyper-V), Local and Wide Area Networks, Switches, Routers, Security and associated applications
Interested? To be considered, you must have:
- Previous experience within a systems administration role in a Windows environment
- Experience of installing or rebuilding servers and configuring hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories and storage
- A proven track record of maintaining PCs, Cisco switches, Firewalls and printers
- Demonstrable understanding of network, client and server security tools
- Results focussed and detail oriented, you must have strong communication and interpersonal skills, a team player mentality and a strong customer focus
IT Systems Administrator - Core competencies (in order of priority):
- Windows Servers
- Active Directory
- Network technologies
- Cisco Switches
- Palo Alto Firewalls
- Security products and applications including Duo, Splunk, Nexpose, Anti-virus, Carbon Black, Red Canary, PhishMe etc.
- System monitoring - PRTG, Splunk
- Microsoft Azure - Disaster Recovery and Azure Site Recovery solutions.
- PC configuration
- Helpdesk management and ITIL processes
To submit your CV for this exciting IT Systems Administrator opportunity, please click 'Apply' now!
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Systems Administrator, Systems Support Engineer, Network Engineer, IT Support Administrator, Mid-Weight IT Administrator, Infrastructure Administrator, Technical Support Administrator, Technical Support Engineer or as a Network Administrator.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960429736