£26,000 per annum (Pro Rata)
Part Time – 22.5 hours per week
Our client is a thriving Independent Training Provider that operates as a social enterprise. They specialise in enabling talented people from different backgrounds and experiences to succeed. They help them get into creative, digital and marketing roles in any company.
They do this through providing:
- Careers Education and ‘Foot in the Door into ….’ Training courses;
- Apprenticeships in a whole range of different roles, including digital marketers, digital content producers, graphic designers and lighting engineers;
- Training courses in digital, marketing and entrepreneurship skills for those looking to set up, grow or move up in their business.
They work with a variety of employers and help people to find apprenticeship opportunities in creative, digital and marketing roles.
You will be the sole finance officer within a small team of 15 people (core staff and associates) and therefore will be expected to bring a good level of experience to the role and an understanding of how to work effectively within a small team.
The Finance Officer will be responsible for the following key processes and procedures:
- Maintaining and posting accurate financial book-keeping records;
- Producing monthly management accounts;
- You will be producing the monthly management accounts and presenting them to the directors;
- Updating the monthly [rolling] cash flows to support the smooth financial running of the business;
- Completing monthly reconciliation of the general ledger, purchase and debtors’ ledgers;
- The purchase ledger duties include responsibility of all outstanding invoices and ensuring payment in accordance with supplier terms, maintaining and checking funding payments, setting up direct debit payments when required.
- The debtors’ ledger duties, including raising invoices and chasing due payments.
- General ledger duties, including bank reconciliations, VAT returns, processing the petty cash sheets, posting journals, and manage bank and cash accounts.
- You will also be carrying out all payroll duties and any other administration duties required such as answering the phone and sorting post;
- You will also need a good working knowledge of Xero & Excel. All financial transactions are entered onto Xero daily.
- Produce monthly PNL and updated cash flow & PFR forecasts.
- Ensure that all finance systems are up to date and fit for purpose & implementing all company finance systems including Xero and an internal PFR system.
- All invoice payments and the reconciliation of accounts are actioned and maintained in accordance with company terms.
- Ensure all finance files are accessible, up to date and well maintained in preparation for end of year reporting.
- Administration of NEST pension.
- Complete monthly payroll ensuring accuracy
- Liaise with the Director regarding any personnel amendments or leave adjustments
- Process salary payments through our bank
- Ensure HMRC is paid every month and that we are compliant with RTI
- Ensure copies of payslips are filed correctly and issued to all employees
- Administer the NEST pension scheme
- Produce monthly financial reports for the Director and liaise with the Company Accountant accordingly.
- Accurate data entry on to Xero ensuring that payments are allocated to the correct project and account codes.
- Ensure all accounts, including our Euro account, are checked on a regular basis. Cross checking all payments and keeping paper based copies for company files.
- Cash flow for previous month and revised estimates for next three months in Excel and Xero.
- Check balances between current and reserve accounts to ensure sufficient funds are in accounts to cover commitments.
- Create and maintain an internal PFR system to forecast and monitor income generated by the various apprenticeship contracts the company is delivering.
Invoice & Remittance
- Process all invoices and keep accurate up-to-date copies of transactions in the company files.
- Process all payments through our bank.
- Produce all invoices for sales and grants.
- Contact relevant persons to ensure payments are received for employer contributions and sales.
- Reconciliation of accounts on Xero.
- Ensure that no duplicate payments are made.
- Check whether apprenticeship invoices have qualified for payment and track overdue invoices on a monthly basis.
- Address any urgent queries as a priority.
- Meetings and other associated work when required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong Ledger Accounting skills.
- Solid Excel Spreadsheets and Xero experience.
- Experience of working with Education and Skills Funding Agency systems.
- Strong procedural knowledge and customer diplomacy.
- Organised and methodical approach to record keeping and reporting.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Committed to the tasks in hand.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organised and articulate.
- Professional in attitude and manner.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Positive outlook with initiative to problem solve.
- Level headed and able to work well under pressure.
Other Important Information
- Compliance with the Data Protection Act.
- Willingness to undertake professional development suited to the post including Health & Safety as all duties and responsibilities must be carried out with due regard to our Safeguarding and Equality and Diversity Policies.
Interested? Please apply today and of our specialist Education consultants will be in touch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960431895