Graduate Academic Learning Mentor
Graduate Academic Coach - KS5 - Core Subject preferable - Central Birmingham
This is a fantastic opportunity to gain experience in an educational setting prior to teacher training!
If you are a highly academic graduate with the drive and motivation to gain valuable teaching experience in this sixth form college, then send your CV to Jamie at i-teachers today.
Located in Central Birmingham, this college are looking for graduates to help deliver small classes and department support in a range of subjects, to ensure students feel confident moving into their exams, further education and work.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Graduate Academic Coach
- Working with a range of A Level students in your subject specialism
- Some roles require you to work
- Full classroom support as and when needed to support the delivery of the Curriculum
- Working towards raising standards of achievement and making expected progress
- Organise and deliver your own intervention classes
- Assist with lesson cover to give you a better insight into the world of teaching
- Assist with lesson planning
- Paid £60 - £65 a day
- Full-time position, Monday to Friday hours, term-time only
- Immediate start with potential to go into next year
- Various degree disciplines considered, core subjects preferable, minimum 2:1
- You will need to be versatile, adaptable and enthusiastic graduate to work in the, with a drive to work in education
- Candidates will require initiative, excellent communication skills and a good knowledge of your subject
- You will be willing to be proactive about their own learning and development to have maximum impact within school
- The ideal graduate will be sparky and confident with a commitment to get stuck in and hit the ground running
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
- All staff are to share in the responsibility for the ethos of the school and the well-being of all pupils and staff
- bespoke programme that is specifically designed to help high achieving graduates build paid experience prior to starting teacher training
- You will have access to an experienced and knowledgeable mentor, who will guide you through your training and development at the school.
- Perfect PGCE preparation - opportunity to progress onto School Direct
- Perfect location - accessible from most Birmingham train stations and surrounding areas
If you would love to work in a diverse and challenging, yet incredibly rewarding environment, then send your CV to Jamie at i-teachers to be considered for this position.
If you are shortlisted for this, you will be contacted as soon as possible.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960427113