Embedded Systems Engineer, Capenhurst, Flexible Salary
The client are flexible on experience and will consider a very experienced engineer to much less experienced engineers, similarly for less experienced engineers they are willing to forget the FPGA experience and focus purely on embedded systems design, so the hardware, and embedded c.
Overview of Main Responsibilities:
As a key member of the instrument development team you will be leading projects to design equipment aimed at improving the safety and reliability of electricity networks.
Working within a multidiscipline team you will be responsible for delivering the full life cycle of product development. Day to day activities will vary from discussing technical issues with customers through to detailed hardware and firmware design. Experience in project management is also advantageous.
The successful candidate will have strong electronics development skills, be an innovative problem solver and have relevant experience within product design.
Qualifications: 3+ year’s relevant commercial experience.
Degree or Further Degree in Electronic Engineering or Equivalent
Skills / Experience
- Experience of full cycle product development (concept to adoption)
- Experience of electronic hardware design, including analogue, digital and preferably RF
- Experience of firmware development preferably using C
- FPGA design experience (preferably using VHDL)
- Experience of regulatory requirements, e.g. EMC, LVD
- Proven track record of technical innovation and delivery to market
- Ability to estimate and deliver technical development to tight timescales
Desirable Skills, Experience and Attributes
- Self-motivated and capable of learning new technologies.
- Chartered Engineer or progress towards this status.
- Pragmatic, Measured and Focused approach to development.
- Take responsibility and ownership of projects & tasks.
- Able to be flexible and determine changing priorities.
- Some project management experience would be beneficial.
- Willingness to learn new skills and technologies.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960423348