Product Delivery Manager
At Direct Line Group, we're shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It's not just what we do; it's how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking - after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands - including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag - change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It's hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they're helping us transform the industry we lead.
Product Delivery Manager
A fantastic new opportunity has arisen within our Commercial Business Area for a Product Delivery Manager to join the team based from our head office in Bromley on a permanent basis.
It is an exciting time to join the Commercial Division during an exciting period of growth and transformation and you will support the Head of Change and Product Delivery to schedule/plan our change portfolio.
We are looking for a charismatic self-starter who is proactive in their approach. You will have accountability for managing the Product Delivery team consisting of 10-12 product development and test analysts to successfully deliver against the Commercial business change portfolio. This will require Project Management and Co-ordination of key Commercial Change initiatives, projects with regards to Product Development, Testing and Change Delivery.
What being a Product Delivery Manager involves
- Line management of the team covering performance conversations, team meetings, quarterly meetings and engagement surveys
- Plan, schedule, prioritise and reporting progress of change portfolio
- Set-up and run local change governance forums; ensuring change is delivered to time, cost and quality.
- Lead continuous improvement of how we deliver change from inception to BAU, including the use of automation tools, delivering the change plan
- Provide and implement best practice and maintain an understanding of industry trends in development and testing
- Regular quality assurance of all deliverables and artefacts produced by the team and any third parties
- Maintain Change, Development, Test strategies, policies and standards to deliver to time, cost and quality
People / line Management
- Effectively manage staff through strong leadership and line management ensuring successful delivery for the individuals and the organisation.
- Fair, consistent and transparent performance management, 121's (12-14 FTE across UK and 10 FTE offshore).
- Planning and running team meetings, quarterly meetings and workshops
- Performance manage (121's) the team to ensure we have appropriate skill levels and availability to ensure the overall delivery of the portfolio
- Ensure we have end to end reporting of local change portfolio
- Manage the overall development and test strategy, planning and co-ordination of all phases of development and testing across the portfolio
- Ensure the delivery of development and testing to agreed baselined time, cost and quality in adherence with departmental best practice, relevant, appropriate and agreed testing methods, standards and policies for both waterfall and agile methods of delivery.
- Act as the key interface with DLG, Commercial and testing partners, conducting joint forward planning and ensuring the quality of the services provided
Risk & Control
- Responsibility to ensure deliveries have robust risk assessment/mitigation, aligned to DLG delivery framework
- Identify, own and manage the risks involved in running change, appropriate to role, in line with the risk framework
- Maintain evidence required to prove Development and Testing Services adherence to good development and testing practise and process
- Overall responsibility for managing our development, test environment and data requirements to ensure compliance with any guidelines
Skills we are looking for
- Strong people management experience
- Portfolio, project or programme planning & delivery experience
- Charismatic with an ability to communicate and influence stakeholders and teams
- Knowledge of Broker Software Houses - Polaris, Open GI, Acturis, SSP
- Project Management experience and exposure across the full Project Lifecycle, and creating and managing a Project Plans
- Ability to learn quickly and breakdown problems
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960425357