Head of Finance
Ei Group plc - Jobs: Head of Finance - Treasury and Tax - Apply online Head of Finance - Treasury and Tax
Shirley, England, United Kingdom · Ei Group · Closing Date: 13/04/18
The successful candidate will be heading up the EIG treasury and tax team comprising c.9 employees with overall responsibility for cash, the group debt structure and all taxation matters.
The role will have responsibility for:
- Treasury – overseeing the preparation of regular cash flow forecasts, managing the revolving credit facilities in place, ensuring all debt reporting requirements are met;
- Cash – overseeing the cash into and out of the Group, and management of all bank accounts;
- Tax – implementation of the tax strategy, ensuring the accuracy of tax accounting and compliance with HMRC regulations;
- Systems/process development - to review the policies, procedures and systems used throughout the team, continually challenging to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team; and
- Team Management – to take full responsibility for running the treasury, cash and tax team in the Accounts department; managing the c. 9 staff, developing and motivating them, as well as continually challenging how we can improve efficiencies and better support the business.
The role holder must ensure each Core Accountability is completed to strict deadlines and service levels, whilst identifying and evaluating opportunities to streamline and improve existing processes.
Who are we?
We are the largest pub company in the UK, with over 4,500 properties that are predominantly run as leased and tenanted pubs. We aim to partner with entrepreneurs passionate about pubs, by granting leases and tenancies to the best publicans. We recruit high quality, commercially minded managers for our managed pubs, as well as collaborating with experienced experts in the pub industry.
Our people are talented in a wide range of disciplines and our shared values of respect, service, innovation, collaboration and drive for results help guide us in the work we do every day and how we do it.
- Ensuring the timely completion and accuracy of all debt reporting out of the Group;
- Manage the treasury function to ensure compliance with all funding covenants; including reviewing cash flow forecasts for the Group ensuring the effectiveness of the variable facilities;
- Preparing and reviewing relevant documentation as required as part of any refinancing exercise – including assisting with the settlement of old bonds, the establishment of new bonds and dealing with accounting/audit/legal/tax review requirements as applicable;
- Ensuring we are continuing to drive efficiencies within the cash team whilst maintaining tight financial control;
- Ensuring compliance with all HMRC requirements whilst looking at ways to reduce our Group tax risk and cost;
- To look after the welfare, development (including capability and succession planning) and training needs of their team; and
- Get involved in ad hoc projects within the direct areas of responsibility or the wider Accounts team as required by the Group Financial Controller.
Status: Permanent / Full time
Location: Office based - Solihull
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
- Big 4 Qualified Accountant with c.4 years PQE
- Confident at a senior level
- Experience of tax accounting and debt refinancing in a plc environment advantageous
- Thorough and accurate with a high level of attention to detail
- Excellent arithmetical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines and prioritise work
- Constantly challenging for better ways of doing things and welcomes change
• Competitive salary
• Holiday – 25 days plus statutory holidays
• Death in Service
• Bonus Scheme
• Share Scheme(s)
• Private Medical and Dental Insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• Cycle to work scheme
• Gym membership
• Free Parking and onsite catering
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960417925