Senior Development Engineer
Recent expansion of Renishaw’s Laser & Calibration Products Division (LCPD) has lead to an opportunity for a new Senior Development Engineer. The successful candidate will need to lead product design within the “current products team”, supervising a small team of engineers and interfacing with new product and manufacturing teams where necessary.
• To evolve and maintain product system designs capable of measuring to sub-micrometre resolution which include precision optical, electronic and mechanical technology
• Develop prototype testing and analysis of data to support the design
• To investigate product performance issues, providing solutions to a timescale
• Design test systems and processes for use in manufacturing
• Working closely with manufacturing engineers to ensure best practice for manufacture and assembly
• Managing aspects of the projects & engineers/technicians in order to meet the project milestones
• Educated to at least degree level in Physics, Electronics or Mechanical Engineering (2:1 or above)
• Able to demonstrate achievements in the design of electro-optical systems and assemblies
• Able to demonstrate a previous significant role in product development environment
• Expertise in the use of either mechanical, electronic or optical design tools
• Familiarity with the use of project management tools
• An aptitude for dealing with multidisciplinary teams
• An appreciation of optical metrology systems
• An aptitude for problem solving
The successful applicant should be able to demonstrate an innovative approach to design, good problem solving skills and an attention to detail. He/She should demonstrate an ability to work as part of a multi-disciplined team where output is subject to team scrutiny and communicating effectively will be key. The role will at times require a hands on approach.
When you join Renishaw, you're committing to your future career. That's because we believe in developing our people's skills and promoting them internally. We also offer a benefits package that's highly desirable, including a 9% non-contributory pension, discretionary annual bonus and pay reviews, subsidised onsite restaurant, free parking and sports and leisure societies. Of course, we appreciate there’s more to work than the office, so we also offer 25 days holiday, Life Assurance and BUPA Renishaw Health Trust.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960425143