One of the UK's leading general insurance and financial services companies. My client has been meeting customer needs for over 100 years.
My client is seeking a Technical Architect for a period of 6 months, to work alongside the in-house team of Technical Architects and assist with the ongoing running of their estate.
- Build and maintain relationships with programmes and projects, business managers and Group Procurement, committees and industry and professional bodies to ensure the effective delivery of objectives and representation of the function.
- Develop, agree, control, maintain and govern effective delivery of IT architectural solution blue prints (both internally and externally produced), incorporating IT operating model, technology, applications, information and service, in accordance with agreed standards and criteria, to ensure a shared understanding between parties, that it delivers business requirements and is effectively governed and controlled.
- Engage with providers and internal IT teams to ensure provision of accurate, appropriate documentation regarding technology solutions
- Evaluating the feasibility of design solutions
- Manage the technology relationships with third party suppliers and contractors, to ensure they meet business need and deliver the requirements of the solution and any contracts are aligned with IT roadmaps and standards.
- Monitor and manage specific Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes to ensure their effective operation and provide guidance and control to the architectural design aspects of other relevant ITIL processes to ensure governance requirements and standards are met.
- Engaging IT & Business representatives to enable architectural change, Consulting with other members of the architecture team and Interfacing with third party suppliers of products and services
- Attend meetings as appropriate to provide subject matter expertise on networking technology as appropriate
The successful applicant will be expected to have:
- Experience of advising on security infrastructure requirements
- Solid Windows 10 experience including core build, Azure supporting infrastructure, Active Directory configuration, Device Management
- Experience of Citrix XenApp solution design and implementation
- Excellent Networking capabilities including unified communications, Cisco Unified Call Manager, UCS, Wireless, Nexus
- Evidence of working in a regulated environment
- Evidence of previous technical design and architectural experience
- Experience of end-to-end architecture, covering business requirements through to technical deployments and service design.
- Ability to produce and critique detailed technical solution designs
- Experience of life and pensions IT systems
- Well-developed communication and presentation skills, to work effectively with business and IT stakeholders (both internal and partners)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426813