IT Support Technician - 2nd Line
2nd line Support Technician
Our client is a well-established and successful software development company providing technology solutions.
Due to continued growth and expansion they are now seeking to recruit a 2nd Line Support. You would be working with a private cloud platform, maintaining service levels for this expanding product platform. Proven experience in managing virtualised networks or large (on premises) virtual environment would suit this role. The ability to design, provision and deliver bespoke virtual environments to our clients customer’s requirements creates a challenging and interesting role.
We are looking for a technically competent individual with good people skills. You will need experience of VMWare vCentre and Server 2012 RDS technologies and have a demonstrable understanding of network connectivity, firewalls, NAT routing, cloud backups and replication.
The role will also assist the sales and support team as the customer base grows. Prioritising support issues as well as liaising with outbound teams will ensure the successful implementation of products to new and existing customers.
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a Technician/Engineer that wishes to explore and implement the latest cloud technologies, whilst still operationally on hand for technical help desk escalations; growing the skills of 1st Line support.
- Monitor and Maintain operability of Cloud platform
- Manage service interruption notifications
- Liaise and support our outbound training teams to ensure successful implementation of products to new and existing customers.
- Co-ordinate with third party software/hardware vendors on related products
- Mentor 1st line - prioritising tasks, both scheduled and customer support issues
- Implement and maintain security best practices in accordance with set guidelines
Essential Skills and Experience
- Competencies in Exchange, Server 2102/R2
- Competencies in VMWare or other datacentre management tool
- Managing and migrating Office 365
- Experience working with commercial software applications in a help desk environment
- Full UK driving license
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Microsoft Certifications – e.g. Technology Specialist (MCTS/MCDST)
- Microsoft Certification/Degree Qualification
This is a full time permanent position offering a basic salary of up to £25,500 dependent on experience. The position also offers company car, company laptop and company mobile for site visits. If you would be interested in applying please send an up to date CV detailing your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960428649