Accountant - Royalties
Accountant - Royalties
Salary - up to £70k
This role is an opportunity to join a highly respected music industry team of accountants and business managers, with offices based in the UK and US. The UK branch has been steadily growing since 2013 and now boasts some high-profile clients that require support within all areas of their business and music careers.
We are specifically seeking an individual who has experience within the royalty department of an accounting practice such as ours. This individual will be the first direct appointment within our UK royalties team and will therefore take on the role of UK Royalties Manager and will head up the growing team.
Initially, we will be asking the RM to carry out a complete retrospective on-boarding assessment of the clients, which is a very important part of the entire royalty process, as it is the foundation for ensuring all future analysis, sense checking and auditing of royalty accounting is as accurate as possible. We need to ensure that we have an up to date and reliable database of all songs that our clients have an interest in. Tasks will include:
- Liaising with PROs (Performing Rights Organisations) to build a picture of all compositions in which our clients have registrations. This will include checking the granular detail of compositions where songs form part of compilation albums etc
- Liaising with clients/managers/lawyers to ensure we have copies of all agreements (label/publishing/producer/syncs/remixes etc)
- Analysis of all major agreements to ensure that deals are fully understood
- Ensuring we have a record of all Masters in which our clients have an interest
- Design and build of royalties databases for all clients
- Building royalties reporting packs for all clients and highlighting any areas requiring review
- Ensuring all clients are properly affiliated with PROs
- Sense check of PRO registration details (LODs/addresses etc)
- Building relationships with Managers/Clients/Labels/Publishers
The RM will be expected to bring their own ideas and experiences to lead the team, as well as work closely with the US royalty partner to ensure that combined working practices are shared.
Ongoing tasks will of course include all expected and usual assignments associated with royalty accounting for artists and writers within the music industry, but given the fresh nature of the UK royalty team, this is an opportunity for somebody to be creative and introduce their own ideas and working practices. The most important part is building relationships with clients and their associates, which will be formed with the regular meetings that will take place, where royalties performance and results will be shared and discussed.
Based outside of London and only a 1 hour train journey to Paddington, this role will suit somebody who is seeking a better work life balance, an opportunity to live in the wonderful county of Wiltshire, but more importantly a chance to make their own imprint on a very exciting and important part of our UK branch.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960429490