Senior IT Field Support Engineer
Mirus IT Solutions is a business computer services company based in Milton Keynes founded by Paul Tomlinson in 2002. The focus of Mirus it to provide IT support in London, Milton Keynes and the surrounding areas. You will be part of a committed IT Services company providing high quality IT services. The aim is to provide the level of support a business would expect to receive from an internal IT team.
You will be a Senior IT Field Support and part of the Field Support Team that is managed by Daniel Clarke, from our office in Wymbush, Milton Keynes. This position is 80% field based (50-mile radius of Milton Keynes) and 20% site cover in London (approximately 20-days per-a-year).
The key responsibility for a Senior IT Field Support is to attend client sites and perform break-fix maintenance for all reported issues. You are also expected to respond to reactive issues and complete the successful installation of both software and hardware to meet client requirements.
For this you will have -
- 3+ years’ experience as an Engineer providing IT support to SME’s;
- Familiar with working to SLA’s to meet both customer and contract requirements;
- Troubleshooting experience to an expert level (Level 3 support);
- Experience of supporting multi-site clients;
- Qualified to at least two of the following - MCSA: Windows Server 2012/2016 or MCSA: Office365 or MCSA: Cloud Platform, CCNA (Switching and routing) or VMware Certified Professional 6.5 - Data Center Virtualization (VCP6.5-DCV).
- VoIP Telephony;
- Mac Support Experience;
- ITIL v3 Foundation.
- Windows Server Technologies (2008/2012/2016).
- Exchange (2010/2013/2016.
- VMware / Hyper-V.
- PC / Server Hardware.
- Active Directory.
- Firewalls (ideally SonicWall) and Routers.
- Backup Technologies (Backup Exec, Veeam etc.).
- Networking, including DNA, DHCP.
- NAS and Storage Technologies.
- First stage: This will be a 30 minute – 45 minute technical conversation with Daniel Clarke, Field Services Manager;
- Second stage: Will be a Skype video interview with Daniel Clarke, Field Service Manager
- Third stage: A face to face interview with Daniel Clarke, Field Services Manager and Chris Maybray, Service Delivery Director;
- Final stage: This is offer and agreement of a start date. Start day is usually a Monday @ 9:30am dependent on your availability.
As a services business, we don’t have a product to sell. The key to our success is the service that is delivered and therefore the people that deliver it. We are proud to be an ‘Investors in People’ company. The benefits that we offer are –
- An industry matching salary plus car allowance. We also have an account with ************* for all train travel that is needed.
- Contributory pension scheme – Up to 2%.
- A tailored professional and personal development plan.
- Receive up to 10 days training per annum, relevant to your position (Microsoft, VMware etc.).
- Fully funded Open University degree.
- Employee share ownership scheme.
- When you join Mirus IT you’ll get your pick of our amazing company perks from Perkbox.
- Support is just a phone call away with this valuable employee service that Mirus IT offer called EASE from Westfield Health.
- Free financial wellbeing advise and competitive loans through the Neyber platform.
- Cycle2Work Scheme.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Mtech Scheme (technology loans on discounted IT products).
- Work in attractive office space with plenty of off-street parking – The Mirus IT office has: Pool, darts, ping pong, private gym, American diner and think pods for those quiet times. Look around by going to our website.
- On-site weekly boot camp funded by Mirus IT.
- Take part in our regular events and activities outside of work. This is for charity or just for fun – Mirus Challenge.
Click on apply now and one of our Internal Recruiters will contact you, to discuss your experience and skill-set.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960428307