Permanent | Warrington
Salary | Competitive
Domino's Pizza Group plc is a leading player in the fast-growing pizza delivery market and holds the exclusive master franchise to own, operate and franchise Domino's Pizza stores in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
We are now expanding our operations in the UK with a brand new Supply Chain Centre in Warrington. This site shall have modern production equipment, a large warehouse facility and an impressive transport and logistics function. As a result of this growth, we have a fantastic opportunity for a Multi-skilled Engineer with experience in both mechanical and electrical disciplines to join our expanding team at the new site.
Our Multi-skilled Engineers will provide and control engineering, maintenance and improvement activities in a busy process environment. This role will see the right person proactively ensure that the engineering department functions as a key service provider. Timely breakdown response, implementing corrective actions and focussing on continuous improvement methodologies for the plant are all part of the remit of an engineer at Domino's. You will directly contribute to the departmental goals and targets to support the long term engineering strategy.
Role requirements include:
- Responsibility for undertaking routine and planned maintenance of the production plant and associated services.
- Provide engineering work for the site ensuring breakdown response and corrective actions to enable the maximisation of production efficiency and productivity.
- Undertake refurbishment work for engineering kit throughout the Domino's Group.
- Ensure all maintenance work is carried out in a safe manner adhering to safe systems of work e.g. permit to work.
- Proactively support the Engineering Manager to all aspects of continuous improvement within the production area.
- Provide training and development to apprentices ensuring the transfer of knowledge to enable safe and practical skills to be attained in the chosen Engineering field.
- Perform projects and installations as and when required
- Work with designated quality management systems as required.
- Ensure all activities are undertaken are legally compliance and are in line with defined audit standards and food hygiene standards.
- Provide out of hours support as and when required.
Ideally we are looking for engineers with site start-up experience to help commission the new site. Although the role will predominantly support the Warrington Supply Chain Centre engineers will provide support across the Domino's Group within the UK & Republic of Ireland to support the needs of the business. We are interested in a Multi-skilled Engineers who can bring the following:
- An understanding of Health and Safety Legislation
- An understanding of ISO/FSSC systems management
- An understanding of Food Safety Standards ideally gained in a chilled food environment
- Good working knowledge of the basics of mechanical and electrical systems, with a bias towards one discipline
- CI methodology knowledge
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all regulations related to the job role/remit.
- Experience of hygiene procedures, standards and equipment in the chilled food industry
- Experience of continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience of Facilities maintenance
- Welding and fabrication experience would be advantageous
- Mechanical or electrical skills either through time served apprenticeship or relevant experience or degree qualified with relevant practical experience
- Manual handling training certificate
- Basic food hygiene certificate would be advantageous
The ideal applicant will be an accomplished Multi-skilled Engineer who is self-motivated with a proactive approach, able to build and maintain good collaborative and trusted internal and external relationships. With exceptional time management, organised and ability to plan and prioritise in a fast paced environment. You will problem solve and ability to quickly make decisions using sound judgement, removing complexity and uncertainty for others. With the ability to then communicate clearly across all levels to breakdown complex information to an understandable level
Hours of work: Average of 40 hours per week over a 7 day rota including weekends and bank holidays however, the ideal candidate will have a flexible approach to working hours with the ability to undertake additional hours when required to meet business demands.
For the right person Domino's will provide the opportunity to develop skills and experience with a market leading brand along with a competitive salary and great benefits such as company pension, private medical and dental, discretionary bonus, free parking and of course - discounted pizza!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960416567