Job Title: Legal Assistant
Hours: A minimum of 37.5 hours per week 9am to 5.30pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break per day plus such additional hours as may be necessary for the proper performance of your duties.
We are currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant to join a leading law firm based in Bournemouth.
As Legal Assistant, your main responsibility is to support the fee earners in the family team.
- Work on client matters under supervision as required by the fee earners in the team, dealing with the legal and ancillary elements of cases (for example, draft documents/letters under supervision, attend court with Counsel, attend client meetings, take notes of meetings, prepare agendas and case strategies, index bundles, research, financial management and other case management).
- Deliver practical services that are focused on the client's needs and quick turnaround of matters dealt with by the team.
- Manage client expectations and update clients/others, taking actions agreed with fee-earner/team leader and report back progress.
- Provide administrative support to fee earners (for example, deliver/collect documents, photocopy bundles).
- Identify and raise issues ensuring supervisor aware of potential issues.
- Meet personal targets and work with team to achieve team level targets.
- Assist with the 'pay per click' platform (for example, review Google analytics data, manage budget, address negative match search terms and identify geographical areas for search campaigns).
- Draft articles and other publications.
- Assist with other business development and understand what is required to obtain and keep clients.
- Develop legal knowledge/skills and knowledge of the court process on a continuous basis.
- Comply with firm wide procedures, including money laundering, letters of engagement, billing and time recording.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as required and work flexible hours where required.
- Promote the businesses core values - clients, people, teamwork and ownership.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCE:
- Previous legal experience is not essential but the role holder must have a keen interest in developing their skills/experience in Family law and practice.
- Good standard of general education, specifically, English Language and Maths.
- Good customer service skills including a confident telephone manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good standard of knowledge of computer packages, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and any legal software.
- Ability to work under pressure to deadline with excellent attention to detail.
- Able to prioritise workload and re-schedule as required.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Good standard of general keyboard skills.
- The role holder will need to be able to work on their own initiative as well as part of a busy team.
- Professional and credible, with the ability to act with tact and discretion and to maintain confidentiality are essential.
Competitive salary; 22 days holiday (plus bank holidays); life assurance (3 x salary); pension; access to flexible benefits.
It is important that you include a covering letter with your CV, detailing why you feel you are suitable for this position and highlighting all relevant experience.
We receive a high number of applications on a daily basis so we can only respond to successful applications. If you do not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has not been taken forward on this occasion. We may contact you in the future about other suitable positions.
Our full equal opportunities policy can be viewed here: ********************************-opportunities/
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960417378