Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst
NHBC has a unique opportunity available for an Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst to join the team office based in Milton Keynes working with the NHBC Actuarial team. The role is a permanent and full time position offering a salary of £29,500 - £36,200 per annum.
NHBC is headquartered in Milton Keynes and also has a London Office in Minster Court, whilst the intention is to base the role in Milton Keynes, there can be flexibility with London working.
About the Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst role
Working in the Actuarial department, reporting to the Senior Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst as embedded data and reporting specialists, you will provide assistance with the pro-active management of data used by actuaries and reporting tools used to analyse results of actuarial calculations, providing key input into data governance and process efficiency. In particular, the role will require the design and implementation of an SQL database, ownership of analysis tools, developing reporting functionality with a view to streamlining processes through improved use of technology.
What do we look for in a Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst ?
The ideal candidate will be educated to Degree level, ideally in a mathematical or computer science based subject and have extensive experience within the following areas gained over 1-3 years:
- Experience of applying software development principles, including environment management and version control.
- Strong database development experience, including:
- 1+ years' experience in using SQL (MS SQL Server preferred)
- Query development and optimisation - debugging, fixing and enhancing queries
- Experience in ETL
- Experience of the software development lifecycle
- Data analysis experience
- Reporting tools experience such as Tableau (NHBC adopted tool) or other analytical tools
- Experience with MS Excel and Access with VBA coding experience
- Have a maths and programming background
- Insurance and actuarial experience is both preferred but are not necessarily required; although the jobholder will be expected to learn technical aspects of insurance as part of the role
- Data Governance processes, including the design and deployment of such processes
- Collaborative attitude; team player; self-starter; ability to work independently and drive project forwards; pro-active innovator; accurate; problem-solving skills; desire to push the team forward from a technical perspective; desire bring in new solutions to improve efficiency and allow new ways of looking at data; planning and time management; strong writing and documentation skills; good personal communication skills
Benefits of becoming our Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst
- A basic salary from £29,500 - £36,200 per annum depending on experience
- Up to 6% bonus.
- 25 days pa annual leave with additional days for long service.
- Pension scheme accredited to Pension Mark Plus standards (up to 10.5% of salary employer contribution) with life assurance of 4 x salary
- Partially funded private medical insurance
- Tax efficient childcare vouchers and cycle purchase scheme
- High street discounts and preferential gym rates
- Employee assistance programme
Relocation assistance may be available for the right candidate
Join us and we'll offer constant challenge and ample scope to build a career in a refreshingly open, inspiring and friendly environment. Being an independent non-profit distributing company with no shareholders enables us to focus on our mission. Homes are at the heart of all our lives and our employees are proud to be making a difference to improving the standards of house building in the UK. NHBC is the home warranty provider of choice, we currently insure over 1.6m homes, with a market share of approximately 80%.
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as Actuarial Data & Systems Analyst then please click 'apply' now! We'd love to hear from you!
NHBC is committed to the promotion of equal opportunities. We are a corporate signatory to WISE (Women in Science and Engineering) and the Women in Finance Charter. We value diversity, understand our inclusive culture helps our business maintain its competitive advantage and aim to attract more people from diverse backgrounds to complement our team.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960426227