SQL DBA - Manchester - £325 a day - 4 week rolling contract
SQL DBA - Central Manchester - £325 a day - 4 week rolling contract
Search BI is currently looking for an experienced SQL DBA to join a professional services firm based in central Manchester to cover a member of staff that is going on long-term sick leave. As such, the position will be for an initial 4 week rolling period with a high likelihood of extension past that point.
We are looking for a Database Administrator (DBA), who will be responsible in assisting company service infrastructure, providing 2nd and 3rd line support in a fast paced and technically challenging environment.
The successful candidate will have a good understanding of Microsoft Databases and development support, practical knowledge and strong Database system admin and troubleshooting skills and excellent communication skills.
. The role includes but not limited to:
- Maintaining and administrating company's DB infrastructure, including complex SQL tasks, critical DB management and their monitoring, performance tuning, troubleshooting, DB based service and operations support to internal and customer facing teams.
- Provide onsite DB support to internal teams of developers, IT helpdesk for escalated DB issues, customer facing staff users by troubleshooting issues and working directly with senor DBA and infrastructure system experts to investigate, troubleshoot and resolve major DB problems.
- Responsible for the DB Maintenance tasks as directed by Senior DBA.
- Carrying out testing on internal systems, functional use of systems and user appearance and acceptance testing.
- The candidate will be involved in reviewing the existing DB architecture and recommending potential improvements.
- The role will also include to liaise with IT/Desktop engineers in supporting the ad-hoc DB based queries such as adhoc reports for managers, Database indexing, DB performance monitoring with the necessary tools, escalated customer related issues and supporting system support engineer in new DB based system installation.
- 2+ years hands on DB administration experience in business and operations support systems such as Microsoft SQL based CRM, billing or real time transactions system. (MS SQL Server 2008/2012 as a minimum);
- Proven DB Support experience: previous experience of 1-2 years of 2nd line DB support or exposure to 3rd line DB System support in service desk environment and any helpdesk ticketing system.
- Understanding of SQL scripting, SQL Management Studio, Stored Procedures, good problems analysis and solving skills.
- Hands on experience with SSIS and SSRS Package configuration, implementation and deployment, maintenance of Transactional Replication publications across multiple servers; and database mirroring.
- Knowledge of Visual Studio with a sway towards MS Technologies (.NET, C#, MVC, WCF, IIS) would be a bonus
Keywords - SQL DBA / SQL Database Administrator / Database Engineer / Database Analyst / Data Analyst / Database Developer / SQL Developer
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960419507