YOU MUST BE ELIGIBLE FOR SC CLEARANCE
Job Description Summary
A challenging and fulfilling modern technology role that appeals to individuals with a passion for security and technology.
Reporting into the Security Operations Manager, the Security engineer is a hybrid technical and analaytics role.
Responsible for providing technical expertise in the support of both hardware and software solutions.
We are expanding our highly successful Security Operations team. Working out of Interoute’s Technical Services Centre of Excellence, the Security Operations team focuses on providing hosting and network technologies that meet and exceed government and certification body standards.
The team work closely with our high value customer base to deliver a wide range of Services including network, hosting and security incident management.
As part of the Technical Services division; Security Operations is a highly rewarding and challenging team for highly experienced network, systems and security individuals.
The team culture and team ethic is very much ‘start-up’, move fast, change what needs changing fast, encourage ideas and use the good ones to move and improve.
Responsibilities / Main duties
- Being part of a support team providing resolution for our client base.
- Identifying improvements and advising on best practise.
- Manage 3rd party vendor support as required.
- Be part of a 24/7 customer support team.
- Adhere to team processes and the direction of the SOCM.
- Providing analysis of SIEM alerts leading to enhaced customer security
- Work with customers to enhance security incident response procedures
- Enhance internal investigation process and identify additional toolsets required for rapid incident turnaround
- Work with Senior engineering to implmenet platform optimisations and tuning through structured change process
- Perform upgrades to SIEM environment from operating system to application to ensure highest level of platform security
- Maintain and enhance specific customer environments including firewalls, switches and hosting platforms
- Proven experience of platform support in a business critical environment (Production).
- Experience of managing HA environments: AD, VDI, Cisco UCS etc.
- Significant troubleshooting skills/experience
- Understanding of VMWare, SAN and Networking
- Use of SIEM and deep uinderstanding of security Incidents
- Be a self-motivated proactive individual who is equally comfortable in working individually or as part of a wider team
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deliver the appropriate balance between business need, technical perfection and security standards
- Have a can do attitude and demonstrate a passion for new technology and learning.
- LogRhythm SIEM
- Cisco UCS Chassis and Blade Management
- NetApp SAN Management
- VMWare 5.5 Infrastructure
- Symantec Anti Virus
- Shavlik – Patching Tool
- Palo Alto NGFW
- Nexus 5K
- Cisco ASA
- Cisco DMVPN
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960420413