Embedded C/C++ Software Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an Embedded C/ C++ Software Engineer to join our clients team to develop, maintain and extend codebase used on the hardware, and support new product development. This is a great time to join the business as they kick start a range of new projects and look to grow the technical capabilities of the team.
This software engineer role will be working on a number of products developed across several platforms. The hardware is an ARM-based Linux platform running over embedded code built in C++. The embedded code captures the image data, runs the full image processing pipeline, manages the user data and serves that data through an oAuth2 secured REST API.
You will bring excellent problem solving skills demonstrated throughout the design process, significant experience of using C/C++ language in embedded and real applications, and proven experience of software experience best practices for ensuring code quality and testability.
The ideal candidate should bring 3+ years’ experience in C/C++ development, have previous experience in the design phase of embedded software, in Linux environment. The successful candidate should have a good general technology understanding and continuous learning mentality.
- Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science from a leading university (or related fields; Maths, Physics, Engineering)
- Significant experience in C/C++
- Strong coding of DSP or NEON assembler on ARM
- Excellent experience in embedded software development, especially in Linux environment
- Hands on experience in image processing/UML software modelling/Rest APIs
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Can work independently and with little supervision when needed
- Willingness to take responsibility and play a key role in the team
Preferred Skills / Experience:
- Linux Kernel development.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/960418109